New Purchase

Bouquet and Benz... Just north of Plum Canyon...

We've been in this home since '79 when built new... and in this Valley since my return to the "world" in 1971.

My kids graduated Saugus High... and Bouquet Auto Parts was my closest Mom & Pop vender where the employees knew something about cars.

Tell me more if you care to... here or PM me... I wonder how many common friends we might have.

That looks like my first X. Although mine was a 75, first car I bought when I was 16 way back in 1984. Always loved the Bright Green, man I miss that car and being 16:)

Saugus

I lived there in the early 1990's, but only for a few years. Really liked it though. I used to enjoy heading out Sierra Highway through Aqua Dulce to Vasquez Rocks and Acton. Also remember that it seemed we lived in 4 different cities - depending on whether reading our cable tv bill, electric bill, or post office address etc, our house was located in either Saugus, Canyon Country, Santa Clarita, or Valancia.

Saugus Speedway

We used to enjoy going to Saugus Speedway on summer Saturday nights and were sad to hear that it had closed.

Its a small world

What a coincidence. I used to live a short walk from Bouquet Auto Parts in the apartments on Garzota Drive. I had a 1987 X when I lived there. Used to get my oil and other maintenance stuff from Bouquet. Now I live in Austin on the other side of town from you, Austin74. I didn't have much time to drive around for fun back then as I worked in Downtown LA and that drive nearly killed me. I ended up moving to Simi Valley and then to Calabasas trying to get closer to work. Finally ended up leaving Los Angeles area for Austin. Sometimes I miss LA and then I think about my hour and a half commute to and from work back then and compare it to my 12 minute commute to downtown Austin.

Austin - L.A.

Wow, that would be a tough drive. I was commuting to Burbank at the time, which wasn't so bad. Then I was stuck with a Huntington Beach to LAX commute for the next three years, which was rough. I've got a fairly easy commute in Austin now, too, but it sure seems like Austin is trying to catch up to L.A. traffic as quickly as possible!

Not yet...

I will be picking it up myself the weekend after next. There is a dent on the driver's quarter panel and a few small rust spots on the rockers. I want to get this fixed but keep the original paint as much as possible. I also want to get the seats redone and throw on the CD30s I got for it. Then I will post some 'after' pics. If anyone wants to see it in person feel free to send me a PM!

Back