Need to transport X1/9 from PA to MS

Reneakh2523

Low Mileage
Does anybody have a recommendation for a good, reliable transport service? Not necessarily the cheapest. I need them to baby my new car :):)

My answer

Never mind, a local friend just gave me the name of the best one he used: Reliable Carriers. Thanks.

I am open to suggestions

Looking further we found others, like Passport Transport. Does anyone have any suggestions?

shippers

I have shipped 5 cars from CA to OH with the same shipper and had very different experiences. Remember that most shippers are really brokers that find the first available truck to pickup your car. I had one car picked up on a Monday in San Francisco and it arrived in OH Wednesday morning. I had another car from the San Fran area and it was supposed to be the same trucking company but it ended up taking 3 weeks. The shipper promised me it would be put on a truck and directly delivered to OH but the car end up in a terminal for over 14 days until another truck picked it up. You will get what you pay for and any time I ship a car I make sure that the seller takes plenty of pictures during the pickup and loading of the car. I also make sure I have the VIN number and the car fully insured before it is picked up. Make sure to ask plenty of questions and get everything in writing.

I've used reliable many many many times and have been very happy with them. I had them move a car between Canada and the US a few times.

Just make sure you have agreed value collector coverage before you ship. Because most of these guys carry the insurance where the deductible starts at 2500 so any damage under that amount it between you and the carrier to work out and you bet your arse they are not going to pay.

That's right, I got confused... we need to know who Bob...

sold it too... but I am practically 99% sure its the same car!

I sold BB-4RE to

Robert Fink from Lewsbury, PA back in 2010.
I don't think he drove the car too much. I know he drove it to a few car shows in that area.

If this is indeed the car you are buying, (or bought) let me know and I'll re-post the history for you.

FYI - BB-4RE is one of the few (if not the only) 1979 cars that sport a late model wiring harness with all the electrical fixes included.[FONT=&quot]
[FONT=&quot]Also, the trip from Lewsb[FONT=&quot]ury to (say) Jackson, MI is about 15.5 hours. This can be driven in a (long) day if you were up for it.
[FONT=&quot]I drove BB-4RE from Columbus, OH to southern NH [FONT=&quot]in a day when I bought it. The car made it safely[FONT=&quot], and this was before I rebuilt it.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT] [/FONT]

Back