Heritage Classic

DanielForest

True Classic
Hi guys,

Finally, a SCCA class where the X1/9 may have some chance to be competitive. It' s basically the 2014 GP class minus the Honda competition. A lot of vintage cars were added. My X1/9 which was built within the GP rules will be legal in that class. I'm just going to have to remove the snorkle for racing.

I hope there will be enough people joining this class to get it full support by the SCCA next year.

You could check the rules on the scca website:
http://www.scca.com/solo/content.cfm?cid=44517

Daniel Forest
Montréal, Canada
HC 1980 X1/9
FSP 1987 X1/9

Right Daniel

Here in San Diego we just had the National Tour this last weekend. This was the very first HC class that has been run. It was won by John Edwards in his Fiat 850 sedan. There were 3 entries including Craig Ways 850 spider the National SCCA winner in the 80's. There was also a Sprite. I think you could probably find the video that John shot of the event.

Charlie

Yes, this is a good development

..Several Fiat enthusiasts (some lurking here) were instrumental in petitioning SCCA to develop this Solo class. 124s, 850s, and X19s should be a fun class to participate in!

-M

Nope

I have the car down and getting ready to do open heart surgery on it. I will be putting in the 2 Liter turbo motor and Scorpion transaxle. Can't do a Honda or something like that because of SCCA rules. it needs to be a Fiat. Was thinking of noting everything with pictures as I went along and posting it. It will be a big project with several unique mods in an effort to clean up the engine compartment and reduce clutter.

Charlie

Back