1984 Restoration

Punto turbo

Will be the power plant with a punto gt gearbox, I have fitted a cable shift mechanism from a mgtf and made brackets to shift the gears the correct way and modified the bodywork to accommodate the gearbox length and trimmed the collar affair off the gearbox and lots of other little bits that I will probably cover in another thread when I get to refitting it all back in.
The charge cooler rad and pump is from a Subaru legacy 2.2 ltr and I will be making a dual flow speed set up so full flow will be at higher boost pressure and will make a custom charge cooler so as to use shortest amount of pipework.
Any excuse to get the tig plant going!!!!

restoration

awesome work my friend!!!!
I am sure that papa tony thought of this too.......

do you make house calls to the U.S.???????????
just watching someone do this is cause for:worship:
at my last job at a dealership nearby, I would have to leave the parts dept. and glean info and how things were done in the body shop.
George the body guy and Joe the painter never ceased to amaze me.
again.... house calls to the U.S.????
mikemo

OH MY... I just caught last October's post as well...

Once again... I thought I read a PINTO instead of a PUNTO!

HA!

The PINTO did run a 2.3 liter 4 banger that I believe was at least a British design and could be found in many US cars and small pick-ups. Pretty popular in Europe as well!

Glad I finally read that right!

Wow

Truly inspiring Gunna. Makes me realise how much of a better job you are doing than me, but don't have much time so doing the best I can. But at least I got mine from a non runner through its first MOT in 15 years. Keep us updated - oh and love the colour!

Update

Hi all just a quick update been doing bits and bobs on the car but not as much progress as I would of liked but I guess that's always true!

Been working on the interior, wheels and exhaust system.

The interior was all done by myself the seats needed quite a lot of work on them as they had become quite rusty and needed some welding work on them before a custom covering, and I cut and steamed carpets to shape on probably the hottest night we had in summer (silly me sweated like crazy)

The exhaust is a heavily modified Lotus 340r stainless factory racing exhaust that i got really cheap off Ebay.

The wheels were done by myself some needed stripping completely and some were not to bad so only needed a rub down and prep work, then finished off with Nakang ns2r 185/60/13 120 grip tyres VERY VERY Sticky to the touch.

Oh no!

I looks like when you put the dash back together you put the steering wheel on the wrong side!!

:nana:

p.s. nice job and great thread - keep it up

You Guys

Make me chuckle!

I guess I should of cleaned the wheels after they had the tyres fitted as well only just seen how dirty they look in the picture:eek:

Yeah Gunna... yur not gonna let anything slip by...

this group... and that's a GOOD thing and a not so good thing...

HA!

Back