XWeb Member Guest Stars on BBC America Series

Brett told me about this when he was out here filming...

But "stardom" has apparently gone to his head and now he is known in Knoxville as "Hollywood Brett"...

HA!

Hey... is PJ Burchett, actually Burchette, aka Denise Burchette's other half?

No autographs...please

Ha ha, that was a really fun experience to be sure. Not all reality though. There was so much that we did that was not shown.

PJ is not related to Denise Tony. He is crazy though ;)

11012827_10205747273181731_3796001023228222231_n.jpg

10403637_10205719288602134_7263333834019197711_n.jpg

i-vxSLvxZ-L.jpg

Location...

It was not far from you actually. The location was at the Big Sky Movie Ranch in Simi Valley. It is the location of many movies and shows over the years, very cool property.

I was captive from day to dark everyday except one and they shuttled us around with a handler to the location from the hotel. We stayed at the Sportsman's Lodge, really cool place.

NO KIDDING!!! I'm not that familiar with Big Sky...

But we in the "other valley" have what is called Melody Ranch in Newhall where movies have been made since the beginning of time. Gene Autry's home for many years... and Disney's Golden Oak Movie Ranch in Canyon Country go back to the "Spin & Marty" series in the 50's. They now have sound stages there as well.

Also, on the way to Simi Valley useta be a ranch named Corriganville where many pre and post war Cowboy films were made. It became something of an attraction and had all sorts of rides and stuff in the early 50's as well...

BUT... Sportsman's Lodge... Hopefully the remodel is finally FINISHED... They have been slooooowly been remodeling it for years and years now.

I was raised in North Hollywood about 5 miles from the Lodge where just about any and every formal occasion was centered there. Not just for me, but almost everyone that lived in the area. Every Grad Night dinner, many, many proms, marriages, formal dinners and just to meet and greet old friends. Every reunion my school chums and I have ever had over the last 50 years has been there as well! It has gotten to the point where my old friends don't care so much about seeing each other but are amazed that the Lodge is still there... and all the other memories they have also. As a side note... even my wedding night was spent there!

When my Mom turned 80 we hosted about 30 friends and family in some private dining facilities and had two servers that waited on us like royalty. It is not the grandest place I've ever seen by far, but it is a place that I will always remember and never forget... as its virtually a part of so many important things in my life.

Thanks for bringing up these memories Brett... and if I ever hear of you being in this next o' the woods again and not telling me... I'll have all the "Ghosts of Cowboys Past" haunt you for the rest of your days!

HA!

Back