My Wheel Projects moving along, one down ..

pwhnts5

My 6' 4 Sons hate my X's
Well I got the new Cheviot Rims on the 79 last week, really like them.

Here are before and after pictures:

Before with Stock Steel wheels:

New Studs Installed:

Wheels on:

All finished:

Love the look of the gold wheels on the 79, they are from 1980, so they are period for aftermarket wheels for this car. I think it dressed it up nice.

The wheels look great Paul

Those wheels are definitely an upgrade over the stock steelies. Very nice!

Unfortunately, now whenever I when I see them I will know there are rusty, crusty rotors behind them. :dance2::devil::geek:

Seriously though, they do look really good on the car. :worship:

Took a awhile to find these but I like....

It took a while to find a set of these, there are not to many still around. They are Cheviot model 65B-1355-M 25P. They were a Canadian Company out of ONT. They are one of the few companies that made 13" mags in the 80's. I had been looking along time for a set, ever since I picked up the 79 this spring, was about to give up and paint a different set gold when I found these.

Yeah I was hoping to have time to paint the rotors before I put the wheels on, but it was hot, hot, hot last week, so I decide to I would wait and do that this winter when I do touch up on the scratch and minor chips in the body paint. Then I can put all four wheels and really clean everything up in there and give them a nice shot of black or gold paint on the rotors and calipers.

PW

get new rotors to save time

Paul,

Rotors are fairly inexpensive for these cars. Might as well get new ones when you have the old ones off.

It is friggin hot here today. Naturally my 84 year old dad picked today for me to stop by and dig holes for him. I am sure he still thinks of me as young, but I was feeling it out there in the heat and humidity. And it was only 9AM when I started.

We need to work on a midwest meet up somewhere in the middle.

Let do that..

Yeah we do, maybe around Lincoln or Hannibal. That would be fun. Any other X er you know of in our area???

PW

Back