Need longer lug bolts ....where can I get them.

pwhnts5

My 6' 4 Sons hate my X's
Hey guys,

Went to put my new Cheviot rims on the 79 last night, no go, the original stock steel wheels use a short lug bolt, the Cheviot Alloy rims will need ones at least 3/4" longer. I have an extra set I got with the Phone Dial rims I am using for the 86, but will need another set for the 79. Where can I find these new or does anyone have a set of 16 used ones I can get?

Thanks,

Paul Willging

Thanks...Matt set me up...

As I suspected I needed more then just bolts, the Cheviot mags will need studs, mag collared lugs, washers and centering rings. Matt set me up and they are on the way. Thanks guys.

PW

That is what I was going to ask you.

Hi Paul,

I was thinking that those mags would need the shouldered style lugs/nuts. I was going to ask for a close up of the mounting holes in the wheel. :)

I am glad you have the right parts on the way.

Now if I buy # 3....

I would be interested in your rims also!!!! I tried to get the one out in Renton, but I guess he has a deposit on it already before he got back to me.

My Phone dial project is coming along, I have to blast the last two yet, get the new base coat black on them and then let them sit a couple days before doing the red spokes and centers, then two more days to buff and clear coat. Hope to have them done in the next week or so. They are gonna look sick.

PW

You had me thinkin'

I read your post and was thinking "What rims of mine does Paul want????" Good lord I am getting old. I forgot I had put up that FS&W post. Wow, that's pretty bad. :eyepop: :(

Yes, you need that set of wheels too. You can start on them now and they will be ready for X #3 when you inevitably find it. You know you will, you are hooked. :)

... actually Jim, I'm thinking we should start arranging an intervention for Paul as well. Once he gets three, its all downhill from there... as YOU well know!

Pics, people, where's the pics??? We have all this space to show off what we have & you only use words??? Enquiring minds want to SEE :D....

Back