Road Trip...

aircavscout

Daily Driver
Well... Finally finished up cleaning the X after my longest road trip to date.. Have owned for about 7 years now.. Richmond KY to Detroit and back... About 800 mile round trip in 2 days. It was a spur of the moment decision.. Was going to drive my Audi but got up that morning and it was sunny so stuck a can of fix a flat behind the seat and backpack under the boot... Except for some terrifying events in the rain, the car preformed perfectly.. I think I will need to re-evaluate my Miata Seat choice.. They are great with top off... But with top on and being 6.1 it is a bit tight.

You had some crazy rain to drive thru...

....I was in Toledo through several inches of it. Couldn't imagine trying to drive an X through some of that. The construction on I-75 just south of Toledo causes the water to pond on the pavement, even in light showers. Congrats! :)

Seriously.. I can't even begin to explain how crazy the rain was... I-75 is a nightmare.. There were a couple of moments I pulled off at rest stop and sat in the car.. Felt like the wind was going to pick me up and toss me in the ditch. Drive, top off... Pull over, top on... top off, top on... Felt like permanent hydroplane school... Not the best car for inclement weather. But, she pulled through.. In construction zone south of Toledo I probably received at least a dozen nicks and dings in the front of car. Rocks, dirt, pavement, tire scraps hitting front of car... Oh well. Still had fun... What a POS road...

Back