the X comes home

autox19

True Classic
The b16 conversion I have been working on forever finally came back to my house. Down side, still not conplete. Its been living at my friends house because he has a more complete garage. Because of his and my free time never really lining up this has taken forever. Well it is almost complete so I decided to get it back home so I can work on it little at a time. What is left to do is:
Most important, engine wont start. Got spark, fuel and air. Just a little bit ago we took the engine out and replaced the cam belt and retimed it. I hope it starts now.
Exhaust
clean the whole thing up!

My wife said I seem happier with my baby home

odie

The b16 conversion I have been working on forever finally came back to my house. Down side, still not conplete. Its been living at my friends house because he has a more complete garage. Because of his and my free time never really lining up this has taken forever. Well it is almost complete so I decided to get it back home so I can work on it little at a time. What is left to do is:
Most important, engine wont start. Got spark, fuel and air. Just a little bit ago we took the engine out and replaced the cam belt and retimed it. I hope it starts now.
Exhaust
clean the whole thing up!

My wife said I seem happier with my baby home

odie

Happy to hear it is home. When was the last time you got it to start/run?

last start time

I have to get the wayback machine out for that one. 2011? it was running in the donor honda. Buying a running donor was important for this reason. I have another b16 that I dont know if it ever ran, but that was bought to rebuild. The standard what changed:
different car (LOL)
Fuel pump. now connected to a walbro
wiring. now its a rywire custom. while troubleshooting they had me send it back with my ECU so they could test it there. Both tested working
Dizzy, went from odb0 with conversion harness to actual odb1. retried with original and still didnt start.

further troubleshooting;
can hear injectors. also tried spraying starting fluid right in intake.
compression is 2-4 psi between cylinders with compression within factory specs
new cam belt while making sure timing is on.
Strong Spark

oh well, someday I will get it going, in the meantime I can at least work on it when I have a little time here and there. If I need to bring it back to my mechanic friend, the tow bar is still hooked up.

Odie

If you really have fuel, air and spark and the cams are timed to the crank then it would seem to point possibly to the distributor not being timed correctly. Have you double checked that? Sounds like you probably have.

yes and no

we did before we replaced the belt and checked the timing there. We are pretty sure that timing may have been off a tooth before. Next step is to try to start it knowing 100% the cam in on. We will time the dizzy at that point.

Odie

got a little work done

finished up the wiring for the engine. i didnt rewire since we repulled the engine to replace the belt.
misplace 2 crush washers for the fuel line. so I will have to do that later.
Still trying to figure out how to tie in the coolant lines. the Fiat has 1 going to the radiator, 1 coming from the radiator, 1 coming from the heater core. The coolant tank has 2 connections, one on top one on bottom. The Honda motor has 1 going to radiator, 1 returning from radiator, one going to the heater core, one returning from heater core. yeah, the numbers dont match.

But at least I can work on it when I want rather than schedule it out!

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

Odie

Back