Turin, Italy

WildWilly

True Classic
A little update.... while the X is in the shop getting the engine re-installed, we are touring Europe. Tomorrow's stop is Turin, Italy. Hoping to tour something Fiat and see what we can see. I'll try and post a few pictures when we get home if I find anything interesting. Ciao!

Yur a RAT, Willy... Usually when my car is in the shop...

I'm doing dishes! Then when I'm done I gotta go back in the garage and fix what I screwed up again!

I'll TRY and post some pictures too if I find something interesting in the cabinets or something...

HA!

Tomorrow's stop is Turin, Italy. Hoping to tour something Fiat and see what we can see. I'll try and post a few pictures when we get home if I find anything interesting. Ciao!

Are you kidding me

Lingotto - you just gotta go, Via Nizza

Home of Fiat 1923 till it closed in 82'

Since the late 80's has been re-purposed has a Automotive University (Turin Polytechnic), hotels (Meredien Lingotto), theater and shopping Mall etc. You can still see the ramps and get to the test track on the buildings roof from the Mall.

The factory wasn't easy to get a look at, but I understood they were making access easier noting the folks were making a 'pilgrimage' to the track despite the lack of access.

In its day it was an architectural masterpiece when you think they started building this factory in 1916, looks like nothing special from outside though.

Visit the world-renowned ‘Biscaretti’ Museo Nazionale dell'Automobile (The National Automobile Museum), you WILL need all day. If you are a book worm you can spend a very long time in the Library. Its on the left bank of the Po river and a short distance from the Lingotto.

Best of luck, we need to see photos if the renovations factory are complete

Back