Possible new small mid engine sports car by Honda/Acura

I hope Honda makes this, particularly if it ends up looking like the drawings.

Gandini would approve of the side air intakes; Alfa Romeo 33 Carabo from 1968:

3730224317_b009ddfdc1_b.jpg

This is a great idea for a rollable top... RICARDO!

31.jpg

33.jpg

In prior attempts by others and myself we were collapsing our concept canvas "Bimini" tops from front to rear... with no side window seals and lacking rigidity when attached due to a lack of "stays".

This might be a great solution for a rear-trunk stowaway top.

Hmmmmm... Maybe if a regular factory top was cut front to rear in thirds or quarters and hinged... that might work as well! A full top covered vinyl fabric (or canvas) in satin black or even a contrasting color could be glued down and cover the seams, while still being flexible to fold...

RICARDO!!!

Last edited:
This is not a good idea...

It is a great idea.
I would devote a new post all for itself.
I would call on Riccardo, BB and the likes to delve into it with the intention to come up with a working model and have it produced.
It is probably the best idea since the frunk stow away type.

Excited, Herzel

Thanks Henk... and talk this over with all your...

friends to see what they say as well! It'll be interesting to see what becomes of this... Maybe even a "Core Charge" kind of deal or where we send our tops in to be modified.

If I clear my garage out enough to access my Table Saw and purchase two or three "piano hinges"... I just might try this!

I imagine the same could be done with a Saratoga-type top as well!

Tony

What do you need the old top for?
In my opinion it has nothing to do with this foldable one.

rollable top

Ciao amici,

If there is enough interest we can develop / produce a ROLLABLE top for the X 1/9, technical this is possible. We have the material and the workshop to produce though we need a certain amount of orders as the whole process takes a lot of time.
Just let me know if you are interested.

saluti,

Henk

One of my ideas was to take our original tops...

and cut it in three or four places longitudinally, add hinges so it folds like an accordion... so it can stow in the back trunk.

I also stated the entire top could also be re-covered in a canvas or vinyl in flat black, or in a matching or contrasting color!

Ciao amici,

If there is enough interest we can develop / produce a ROLLABLE top for the X 1/9, technical this is possible. We have the material and the workshop to produce though we need a certain amount of orders as the whole process takes a lot of time.
Just let me know if you are interested.

saluti,

Henk

I would def get one. The one thing that holds me back from venting the front radiator through the frunk is where to store the top...

What do you need the old top for?
In my opinion it has nothing to do with this foldable one.

I would consider designing it very much like the picture shared, where you have 2 solid "ends" with the stock connecting hardware. I agree it doesn't require a stock one getting chopped, but it would make it easier since the shape for the sides and length, hardware holes, etc are already there. Otherwise a mold of the edges would be all you need I suppose.

rollable top

Ciao amici,

We will start production in August
100 tops is not realistic, we need at least 10 orders to start production

saluti,

Henk

Back