BB 4RE is mine

Reneakh2523

Low Mileage
Here are some photos of BB 4RE who now lives in Mississippi, belonging to Renea Hays.

At Kroger parking lot!

Attaching the new license plate!

Driving!!

Gassing with Premium!

New License Plate!

All the places BB 4RE has lived.

I hope you enjoy my photos!

Last edited:
Now I know why I couldn't find ...

...why I couldn't find those NH License plates ...It's because I sent them to you earlier! :doh:

I forgot I did that. I guess that's what happens when you get to be close to Tony Natoli's age. :confuse2: :nana:

The car looks GREAT! Never better actually.

FYI - New Hampshire State law made me put a dash character between the BB and the 4Re (BB-4RE) because the State doesn't allow a "space" character between letters. :(

Thanks for sharing Renea! :thumbsup: Love the new plate.

Congrats!

The Ohio plate was from my ownership of BB 4RE, where she first took on the namesake. :)

The X1/9 was marketed back in the day as....

....a Baby Ferrari. Baby Ferrari doesn't fit on the license plate...ergo..........BB 4RE :)

2 Kool 4 Skool

Hi Renea,

I think this is the coolest thing I've seen on XWeb lately!

BB 4RE looks great, you look like you're having more fun than a barrel of monkeys, and we get to see a real "legacy" being enjoyed and taken care during your stewardship:clap: of the car.

XWeb is just as much about the people as the cars:grouphug:

Renea... those plates are more valuable than the car...

WOW... what a great history!

DO NOT GIVE OUT OUR SECRET about my new plate... yet... But I did consider the same BB 4RE on my AZ plate as well.

Now seriously and publicly, as not to embarrass you but to show just what a great 'guy' you are... Why not send Bob Brown one of the NH plates? He would be 4-EVER indebted if you do and you would still have the one NH plate like the PA and the OH as well.

(I betcha the PA and OHIO guys kept one for themselves too! That would be Tom Boscan... and I wonder if the PA guy was Shaun Folkerts?)

The plates you now have should be in ONE frame behind glass and hung in your garage... have the gardener look into it. (If you have the other BB4RE plate or have another or can get another BB 4RE plate... include that in the frame as well.

Lastly... if you can wrangle the $20 bucks Bob Brown still owes me, I'll split it with ya...

Lastly

I know Renea from Facebook

And was thrilled she got an X...but I had no idea it was THIS X. Wow, this car has a pretty fine heritage of X owners. I'm very, very impressed, and now know you bought one of the very best X's out there, with an incredible history of ownership. Good for you Renea!!!

Whatdaya mean you "know" her from Facebook?

Does her old man MIKE, the gardener know?

BTW... if you "know" someone from Facebook, does that indicate a "conflict of interest" now that you are a Moderator?

HA!

She is one hell of a great person. I had the pleasure of speaking with her the other day and I hadta ask her husband to translate for me... especially when she got excited. They can sure muck the Queen's English in that neck o' the woods...

Yeah, kinda like...

'friggin' and 'sucks'... as most that use these words fluently have no idea of their origin.

At least us Navy Vets learned the proper and formal uses of these words, usually and hopefully in informal sessions...

I'm getting to the point where I hate the BEEPS on TV as everyone KNOWS what the muck these a-holes are sayin' anyway. Lets just take this society and culture STRAIGHT down to hell instead of prolonging the agony!

Back to Renea for a moment... I hadta ask her Significant-Other, Registered, Life Partner, BFF and Lover... Mike... if he could translate everything she said... especially when she got excited! HA!

LOL I love the mythology of words.

So many examples POSH, meaning rich accoutrements or ritzy, comes from the days the Yankee Clipper ships were battling the new steamships for the elite vacation trade to Europe. Posh actually means Port Outbound Starboard Home (P.O.S.H.) and there is a great story behind it that details why we use red silk ropes with brass fittings at Operas, theme parks, fancy concert halls.

COP means constable on patrol, TIPS means "to insure prompt service" and were given in advance of the service provided, not afterwards.

To the best of most people's knowledge "Friggin'" is a nicer way of saying the F-Word. (which in itself is also an acronym and not a word)

But actually friggin has a far more specific sexual meaning: it supposedly comes from the Norse in the early 1400's. It meant "to move about, wander, or in specific...to rub". Frigg was a Norse goddess, in fact Odin's wife, ...and was thus associated with female sexuality.

As a result, over time, the verb most commonly associated with female masturbation was "to frig", or to say "I was friggin".

Hope this helps...I love etymology!

(I think I just lost my Mod status :) )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frigg

Yep Jim... One more friggin' acronym outta you...

and you will be suspended for 30 days! (How embarrassing The first Moderator to be suspended, and suspended within 30 days of his Coronation!)

But while we are on the subject of nautical terms... Port and Starboard... came about how? (Answer below...)

OK for those who don't know and wanna impress your friends... Before ships had actual steering wheels, they used a "Tiller", which was essentially a strong stick to turn the rudder. As ships grew larger, the "Helmsman" would have to stand there for hours and push or pull the tiller to steer the course he was given.

In order to keep the deck clear and to ease the helmsman's job, a bench was placed on the right hand side of the stern as you looked forward... and the tiller was BENT, or a Tiller-Extension and pivot was installed so he could now sit on the bench... which was actually just a board... and became known as the Steering Board. Then is was messed up like most terms and was miss-quoted and accepted as Starboard... which was almost always on the right side of the ship.

Port? Well, if one is sitting at the helm on the RIGHT side of the ship, one can see much better looking to the left when one is entering a PORT on a "starboard tack" and can more easily dock. (See McKenzie's P.O.S.H. definition...)

Sooooo... the left side of the ship became known as PORT, the right side became known as STARBOARD... and standardized worldwide.

Hopefully we didn't stray off topic too much... as a moderator maybe you can investigate?

Last edited:
Back