aftet 4 years it runs!

autox19

True Classic
Thanks to jvandyke, and his quick wire response. The b16 actually started! Its about time. Now I need to clear the extra crap oit of the engine compa r memt, figure out cooling, repaint engine compartment, fix rear brakes, fabricate exhaust and I am up and running!!!!!

Odie

That didn't take long

HaHa! Are you using the stock radiator 'overflow' tank? Hooking up the heater hoses is pretty easy on the B16...one supply and one return. 5/8" hose if I remember correctly will work. Hit me up if you need more info.

what I have

I have the x expansion tank mounted. what I think I will have to do it plug the top nipple on that tank. I have a tee in the coolant return line from the radiator that goes to the bottom on the expansion tank. Then I was planing on using the honda's line to the heater core as well as the return hooked to the x's lines.

am I close?

odie

On my car

I have an overflow tank with just one outlet at the bottom and will allow the water level to rise and fall somewhat with temperature and it also helps to bleed out any air bubbles that may be in the lines. The outlet is connected to a T fitting on one of the heater hoses (although you could tie it in to one of the radiator hoses if you had the right fitting, which would be the preferred way to do it I think). The heater hoses just form one long loop from the cylinder head to the heater core and back to the head. Same with the radiator hoses, from head to radiator and back to thermostat housing.

Back