Fiat Abarth 124 Rally

Rodger

True Classic
I have a friend who is restoring a 1970's 124 Spider to look like the Abarth 124 Rally model from the '70's. Those cars came with an independent rear suspension. He is trying to find out more information on exactly what type of rear differential/suspension was used as he wants to try and replicate it. If anyone has info on this or can point me in a direction to look, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have a friend who is restoring a 1970's 124 Spider to look like the Abarth 124 Rally model from the '70's. Those cars came with an independent rear suspension. He is trying to find out more information on exactly what type of rear differential/suspension was used as he wants to try and replicate it. If anyone has info on this or can point me in a direction to look, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

To bad you are on the wrong coast. We have a member with a real 71 Abarth in DCFiats. Walter might still have pictures of the car when we put it on a lift.

Walter?

From what I hear all the parts to do the conversion are available. Very expensive. Swap in a Miata rear end.

It will be a bit difficult to replicate but can be done. He likely won't be able to get the OE parts.

I have pics of the DCFiats car, it is the real deal and extremely nice.

FYI the front suspension is also quite different from a standard 124.

Mirafiori.com

Probably the worlds largest supply of spider info as well as other models.
Mirafiori.com

Chris
Oakland, Ca

Back