Dallara Trade for '61 Austin Seven VTEC Mini Anyone?

RZSR X

True Classic
Hi X1/9 Owners,

I'm looking for a nice Dallara like this one that I think was imported to CA
A pre '75 for CA smog reasons and was wondering if anyone with one would be interested in a trade for my '61 Austin Seven Mini that has been professionally converted to a 2L VTEC. I have a 4" folder of receipts totaling over $50k (that's when I stopped adding it up :nuts:) and have it up for sale at $32.5K. It was last appraised for insurance purposes at $38K. You can see pics and specs at: http://www.minimania.com/cars4sale/12877/1961_Austin_Mini_SEVEN_Sedan_vTec

If interested send me an email, if not I should be in the market for a primo '74 X1/9 sometime in the not so distant future and look forward to meeting the X1/9 community.

Thanks, Carl

wow cool mini

That thing is awesome!

The B20 fits way better than I expected. Maybe something to do with the new subframe?

Good luck with the sale. I'll go out on a limb and say it's going to be hard to find a dallara owner to trade. They're just so scarce, and most who build one want to keep it forever.

Good luck with whatever happens!

Thanks AleX,

What you allude to is exactly what I hear at car shows all the time. You see the engine compartment and asides from the sheer size of the power plant in the little Mini you think huh the 2L fits really nicely in there (with about 1/16" to an 1/8" clearance all around).

If I knew then what I know now I would have never gone to a 2L because of fit or should I say lack of fit! The 2L sits about a 1/4" higher than the 1.8L and 1.6L among many other things. I'd be very surprised if there is another one on the road with the original nose and no cutting of the firewall or fender/engine compartment drip rails. This was only possible because I had a Mini/VTEC expert doing all the hard work and even then there were times where he wanted to throw in the towel.

But through perseverance, trial and error and his ingenuity it was finally accomplished.

I understand that those with Dallaras might want to hold onto them but for me I get a lot of enjoyment out of rebuilding a classic, driving it, then moving on to another project. Life is short!

I'm not locked into buying/building a Dallara, just thought I'd throw it out there although an X has always been on my short list and is definitely next up!

I see George has an ad up on Autobelle with his Martini Dallara FS.
Looks like his contact info is accurate in the ad.
His Xweb user name is : cozzoi

High level meticulous quality but it's an 81.

Autobelle ad

Good luck!

Thanks Greg I'm looking into it. I like your black X by the way.

A touch loud for the street but I'm into car shows and have always had a fondness for the Martini livery (previous Porsche owner) and even though it's from the 80's it might work out smog wise even after I've played with it.

Thanks again, Carl

P.S. Funny he is in CA but his add is on an Italian site.

Back