Color off on 2013 Abarth body/paint repair?

fiatmonkey

Tim Hoover
I was hit a month or so back in the front facia of the abarth, left side near driving light and headlight. There is another thread...Anyway, I am starting another cuz now I am more concerned with the color match; it doesn't. And I have a Blanco color Abarth :( The repaired section has a slight yellow tinge compared to the rest of the color.

Anyway, I saw another white abarth today and parked next to it. I am pretty sure it is also a 2013 like mine. However the white is different (choose for yourself) matter of fact, the repaired panel color is very similar to the color of this other one.
IMG_00258.jpg

The one on the right being mine - you can see my xWeb sticker in the window if you don't believe me :)

So am I crazy? Are there 2 colors of "white"? I didn't see the driver to ask him to show me the color code on his door, but I can't find any other codes listed on the web.

:confuse2:

I also posted on Fiat500usa forum...

Thanks!

Hmm - odd that it's different.

Just one Bianco for Abarths AFAIK. Theres a Bianco Perla on the Pop/Lounge/Sport but no Abarth had it.

white shades

unfortunately the are a dozen shades of white, and any other color including black, both which are considered "tints".
the last dealership I worked for had the, in my opinion, the best painter in the country. we had a brand new corvette that had a recall for the targa top and needed to be painted before the install. car was silver, and he was staring at it shaking his head. he asked me if I saw what he saw. the quarter panel had a yellow tint, the door had a blue tint, and the fender had green tint....WTF...
he told me that paint is mixed in "batches" and no two are alike.
when my wife was hit head on by a motorcycle and needed repair, there were 3 different paint codes for the color, none in the painters eye were correct. soo he blended a special paint that he said was a prefect match.
now days they use a spectrograph and blend colors instead of opening a can and blowing paint.
may be you can go back to the painter and ask where the paint code was from. DuPont and PPG have different blends for the same color, so maybe the paint was not from the same source.
mikemo

when my wife was hit head on by a motorcycle and needed repair, there were 3 different paint codes for the color, none in the painters eye were correct. soo he blended a special paint that he said was a prefect match.

mikemo

So what color is your wife's head now?

head on

haa haa haa f haa!
the car doofis !!!
some where I posted on a thread here about the paint color and what not, thought it was here on this thread.... go surfing and find it and quit trying to overtake papa tony for tongue in cheek barbs!!
ya geetin close tho!!!:worship:
mikemo:grin:

Back