'87 924s revisited

jvandyke

True Classic
We sprayed it finally.
paintshot_zpsxkecmzua.jpg

Holy cow that is one bright green car. Wow!

Looking good, nice job all around.

Can't wait to see it.:clap::clap:

IMG_6032_zps6gygykb4.jpg

It's a good thing your babies weren't in there, I grossly underestimated the overspray fog it got EVERYWHERE! everything in my shop has a green tint.:excited:

I am thankful as well, cleaning off overspray fog has never been my favorite thing.

It looks great by the way. As if there was any question...

That is an electrifying green, does the pole barn glow at night with it in there? :)

there's enough overspray that the garage glows on it's own!
parts back on
driven
made it to gas station and back
backtogetherfront.jpg
[/url][/img]

backtogetherrear2.jpg
[/url][/img]

I've never been a huge fan of the 924

BUT!

You guys have done a great job! It looks fan-bloody-tastic!!! I'd be proud to own and drive that.

Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

It looks good Jeff

I may have missed a lot of the details on the project, but is this the first car you have painted? It looks really good in the photos. Nice job.

Well, true confession, we had a hard time getting the paint to look decent so we called in a friend of my other son who paints professionally, he sprayed it with two stage and we could not have done that. No subsitute for experience, lots of dirt in the clear as expected but overall it came out great.

IMG_6042_zpsqyzecyza.jpg

Thanks Jeff

It really does look nice, so yes, I guess a pro is needed fro my car to. I was tempted to try it myself. Thanks for confirming it isn't as easy as it looks on the innerwebz.

Spray_paint4.gif

It looked easy when he did it too but it's all in knowing your equipment, spray rate and patterns and all that, now that I've seen it in person I'm probably going to try my own car next time around

Back