getting spammed

karhawk

True Classic
When I log on to xweb and click on for sale I get spammed with a page I can't click out of, just me?

Chris
Oakland, Ca.

Popup

I use Chrome, it's some kind of popup, sometimes AD blocker catches it sometimes not.
Scan revealed nothing

I do not get it

No problem here.
Be sure your browser hasn't got a targeted re-direct. (tools; add-ons, etc)
Also perform an "add-remove" (programs) sort by date and be sure you didn't get an unwanted install.
:2c:

Reporting from LA-LA-LAND...

and I have nothing to report... Its YOU Chris, just YOU...

I use a Mozilla Firefox Browser that Mr. Brown set up for me, and I believe its a free download. I also have Google Chrome as a resident in memory, but I never use it. Maybe try using a different Browser and see if the trouble clears.

It also could be your ISP... Sorry for your trouble.

Walwarebytes

Scan your PC with "Walwarebytes".
Great program and they have a free version for trial.

Maybe a good idea to give a try:hmm:

Good luck

What is the page address?

Screen shot?

Screen shot (s) of the list of programs installed on your computer?

(If Windows, go to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program to see an alphabetical list.)

Definitely download Malwarebytes - but only do it from *their* site - www.malwarebytes.org

Once it's done with it's scan and you've clicked "Remove" for everything it finds, you should seriously consider buying the Premium version - it's only $25 or so and provides more protection.

Then, download this: https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

Yes. Chrome can be hijacked and that's what you're experiencing. This is a tool from Google to clean it up since resetting Chrome doesn't quite cut it anymore.

Larry
'79 X1/9

Back