Grumpy postings/threads

rjplenter

True Classic
Is it just me? Or have some contributions of late transgressed from the spirited discussion category over to just plain grumpy and testy?

grumpy

there you go and screw things up!!:shock:
naa, jest kidding. comments often turn into opinions, and like a belly button, everybody has one. ask papa tony....
I don't believe it is attacking per se, but if you ask what color looks best for a new paint...opinions....what type of paint......disagreement and discourse.
nature of the beast.
besides were a bunch of old farts here anyway.
remember your grandfather??
nuff said
mikemo

Yes and no..

I think that was a great topic that RJH brought up the other day and spurred a LOT of good (and bad) discussion.

RJH had a valid question, and we should all be free to ask! and free to contribute to the discussion. It's the internet after all..

In the end, we're all friends. We'd probably not talk this way in person, and sometimes we read nuances incorrectly in a thread and then interpret them incorrectly. We should all take it with a grain of salt and understand that there will be as many opinions as there are people. Let's all have fun - after all, it's the common appreciation of this special car that brings us together.

I completely disagree with Myron

Just because I can!!! :devil:

It is all just the typical civil debate type stuff:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jEVCX-d4Zk"]Jane curtain & dan akroyed - YouTube[/ame]

Shows you this incredible machine tends to bring out the extreme passion in people.. :thumbsup:
Good read(s) me thinks with great shared knowledge.:italia:

In some ways, it's a tribute

to the overall high quality of discussions, and high levels of civility typically shown here. When there is an occasional little burp or hiccup, everyone notices, so in a way these point out the fact that XWeb is still one of the very best places on the net, due to its users.

If we could just remove all the New Englanders we'd be better of course :)

Not only the New Englanders... but those Canadians too!

They are PRIVILEGED to be snowed-in for months at a time and guys like Greg, Bob and Tony K have nothing better to do... or places to go... than to INVENT and PERFECT parts and accessories.

We here in LA-LA-LAND are tortured if it were to rain and cause us not to be able to drive our cars topless. Any time working on them is time away from DRIVING them...

And another thing... those Aussies and Kiwis flaunting their SUMMER wearing Speedos in the middle of our WINTERS. Moderators take note!

HA!

Tony, even though the Speedo brand was once an iconic Australian brand... we still call them "budgie smugglers / snugglers" down under....

and that must get a HA!

SteveC

I hesitate to say I MUST agree with Myron and Mike...

This internet MEDIUM we use to convey our ideas, thoughts and opinions is only TWO dimensional and sometimes lacks the ability to show CONTEXT or MOODS. I try to choose my words carefully but stumble quite a bit.

"FRIENDS overlook each others shortcomings, ENEMIES flaunt them." - Tony Natoli 1948 -

MikeMo's remark earlier is slightly amiss concerning what I said about comments and opinions... What I said was:

"Opinions are like belly-buttons, everybody has a couple..." - Tony Natoli 1948 -

That is why I try to stick to facts and thoughts... maybe even some dreams.

"If you don't have data... then you only have an opinion" -
Bill Chubb, AT&T, 196* -

As in LAW and SCIENCE, one must support what they say, write, or do with facts and data in order for any statement or theory to be considered relevant... or accepted as valid.

Welp... I see its almost 0200H PST and I think I've gone over the top.

Later, my friends!

Tell ya what, Steve......!

.......we still call them "budgie smugglers / snugglers" down under....

....with the bloody weather we have got over here at the mo, them ol' Speedo's would more appropriately be called "worm smugglers"!! :shock:

cheers, Ian - NZ

One of my pass times is reading and commenting on this and a couple other forums. Of the three this is the most fun and relaxing. Compared to one of the forums any disagreements on Xweb looks like an invite to a Sunday ice-cream social. Please keep it that way. Even though it can sometimes be hard to convey thoughts in the written form I still feel a smile behind the comments made here. It must be that anyone that drives a 35-40 year old car with replacement parts that are nearly nonexistent has to have a sense of humor.

"Opinions are like belly-buttons, everybody has a couple..." - Tony Natoli 1948 -

If you do indeed have TWO belly buttons your even more of a unique individual than we all first thought Tony.....

maybe this children's book was written about you!

SteveC

HAHAHAHA! I can't stop...

I thought the term Speedos was terrible enough... but YOU GUYS haveta paint a picture that borders on the OBSCENE!

Ya see Steve, as you and Craig point out... they're out there!

AND, there should be a LAW!

ONE opinion for everyone, regardless of how many Belly Buttons they have!

You got me there Karl, what's a "Keebeckwa?" I googled it and zero hits...

Tony, our Prime Minister, a fellow called Tony Abbott (what is it with all these Tonys?) likes to go for a morning swim in his "budgie smugglers" :shock:

You can google that one for yourself as I fear I may contravene some forum rule for decency if I post images or links to them :wink2:

SteveC

Back