Grumpy postings/threads

Up here we call them...

Up here we call them "banana hammocks" but this might refer to g-strings not speedos.

Quebecois spelled phonetically.

Known for crowding the beaches of Florida every winter with their questionable tastes in swimwear.

Michael,

that made me laugh with your politically correct terminology...

How's this for a meandering thread... from grumpy to "new englanders" to belly buttons then speedos and small parakeets and onto local vernacular for someone from Quebec with questionable taste!! ... gotta love it!

SteveC

I was gunna post a budgie smuggler pic

But then I couldn't in all good conscience post it as "Family safe".

I've been searching for the "classic example".....!

....I was gunna post a budgie smuggler pic

.....but I can't find a pic of the "mighty Abbott" in all his "GLORY" anywhere!
But we would have to admit it - Abbott is definitely the finest example of tru-blu Ozzie "budgie-smuggler" wear ever seen!
But hang on, wasn't Warney pretty famous for openly displaying his weaponry with his tight cricket trou.?? :shock2:

cheers, Ian - NZ

But Ian it will burn that image into your retina's and you'll never be the same again...

google images, search "tony abbott budgie smugglers" and you'll get a page of them.... but you have been warned!

again I'm not going to post a direct link 'cos it would have to contravene some rule of the forum, and general decency!

but this might give the rest of the world an idea what the general Australian public think of him....

SteveC

Last edited:
Found 'em, Steve......!

.......google images, search "tony abbott budgie smugglers" and you'll get a page of them.... but you have been warned!.......

....Geez, isn't the guy an out 'n 'out d...head!!

(Oooops, better watch out for the word-police!) :censored:

cheers, Ian - NZ

? for the guys down-under...

What is with this head gear?

Abbott-in-Speedos.jpg

I recall Life Saving Rescue Teams and Competitors in swim contests so as to identify one from another... Is this device used so that your head can easily be recognized in the water... A safety feature like a helmet would be for other events?

I remember seeing Water Polo teams using them as it would be a MUST. For casual "bathing"... its kinda like wearing a fire-suit and helmet to go to 7-11 in a Prius.

my eyes.. my eyes...arrrghhh. :help:

Surf life saving competition, notice he's wearing the same colours as the other bathers around him, all the different beaches have different "clubs" that patrol them... and for competitions wear their club colours as caps and speedos. I believe Tony Abbott did surf life saving with that club as a kid.

Run of the mill day to day life savers at the beach wear yellow / red caps and red speedos... so they can be easily identified on the beach...

SteveC (6 years of RSLS as a City of Perth squad member)

I beg the moderators

Please delete this thread and ban Antknee for life. After he has sent all forums members $20 each in retribution! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'll never be able erase that image from my brain.

:censored:...................

I have to admit...

Please delete this thread and ban Antknee for life. After he has sent all forums members $20 each in retribution! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'll never be able erase that image from my brain.

:censored:...................

You MIGHT be right about banning Antknee for that :) I to saw the photos and need to go to Total Recall to have my mind completely purged :)

Thanks a lot Mike... I do have ONE though and...

its always been an "Innie". But I do my best to steer away from making an statement that is only an OPINION...

I conclude then that my belly button is NOT relevant in this arena.

Last edited:
huh?

I think we have taken this as far as possible..... but all are getting along now so all is good
where do I get a pair of the smugglers here in the states.
my wife would enjoy the laugh!!
papa tony, ya need a pair too??:laugh:
mikemo

And apparently...

...it was just me who was getting tired of some of the inappropriate sniping on our beloved forum..... :hmm:

It takes very little effort to be cordial, polite, respectful and helpful to each other.

And above all, we should maintain respect for the legacy of dear Mac.

Cheers,

Rob

Back