Wish Me Luck.....

pwhnts5

My 6' 4 Sons hate my X's
Taking the black 86 on its first long road trip today. Going from my shop to Minneapolis, MN for the Game Fair up there this weekend, about a 6 hour drive each way. Going to stay with one of my old college buddies while up there (he is a car guy too). Did all the service on her this week, changed trans-axle over to Royal Purple (I know you guys use Redline, but I have had very good results with Royal Purple over the years and I get it wholesale), changed oil, filter, topped off radiator and yes I have a truck full of extra fluids and tools (hope I don't need them).

Little nervous, car has never run hot, 185-190 on highway, a little warmer in town after highway run, but fan kicks on an it comes back to 190 once moving again, but it will be hot up there this weekend (90's). Heading out later today and I will be driving back at night Sunday, so it should be cooler.

If you see an SOS on the boards please come get me with a trailer:help::help:

Baby don't fail me now!!!!

Good luck Paul

I hope everything goes smoothly. My last rescue mission was long ago. AnthonyG was stuck in Hamel, Illinois, only an hour from my house. His X died due to a failed alternator. I had to pull the alt off my 79 X and take it over to the stranded X. That was a fun night spent in a Shell parking lot. We finished up about 2 or 3AM. Those were the days.

Since you will be driving home at night, you should take a night test drive if you haven't already. See how well the headlights are working and if they are aimed at the road. Make sure the belts and wiring connections look good. :)

Night Drive

New belts last week, the 86 does much better at night then my 79, that is why I am taking that one. I need to do BBWM on the 79 before I take it out on a long night drive (have all the stuff, but have not gotten to it yet. The modern fuses and relay system in the newer car does much better a night, no major volt meter dropping into the red on this one (so far) with lights and wipers etc.

PW

Paul, we are practically neighbors. I live in anamosa and travel to Clinton often for work. I'm a huge fiat nut. I have the rouge makings of a fiat club for Iowa. Let me know if you are ever interest in a fiat putting or gathering? There is a gathering near Ottawa IL first weekend in Oct.

Iowa Mike

Hey Mike....

Glad to hear there are a few more in IA, next time you are in Clinton let me know, you can stop by my shop. My boat company is on the north end on HWY 136 (Main Ave) just as you leave Clinton.

We should see if we can get something going in Iowa.

PW

Back