Cruising along I-40 today

LarryC

Curator of #10105275
in air-conditioned comfort and looking around at the traffic wondering what other vehicles 36 years old were being used as daily drivers. Didn't see any. I think the oldest was maybe 10 years or so. I am not sure where this thread is going! Your thoughts?....

I have nioticed that...

My daily driver always seems to be 10 to 25 years older than what I see on the back of scrap trucks :)

My daily driver isn't a FIAT, but

it is 24 years old. (Ford Explorer) :)
That's bragging rights here in salty roads New Hampshire.

Dailys

Both of my sons, Blake (20) and Brad (17) Drive vintage X1/9s as dailys. Not many kids these days driving X1/9s, makes me proud.

All of these kids are driving or loving X1/9s!
DSC_0459-X2.jpg

DSC_0145-X2.jpg

IMG_8674-X2.jpg

I have NO problem with the DD stuff as...

My wife and I drove Black Tooth for 10 years and 110,000 miles to work and back.

I do resent the "air conditioned comfort" comment though! We never had the top on!

HAHAHA!

Papa Tony, 10 years in LA tarffic..

How many years is that in normal, anywhere else years?:laugh: We did 12 years, took 11 years off, and have now done another 7 years....so far. In the New Mexico ultraviolet we have not had the top off for three months! That's a fall and winter thing here.

Oddly the X is out "newest" car. The others are from 76 and 71, both early Broncos. Sadly, those get 10 times more attention and thumbs up, but are 10 times more common than an X. It's a strange world.

Jose,

Are we going to see you at the El Segundo Main St. Car Show a week from Saturday? If not, are you planning on attending BFI. Haven't seen you in a while.

Mike

Apparently my post didn't make it the other day...

10K miles in LA Traffic is worth 30K anywhere else!

There was about 110K as a DD for 10 years, then about 7 in hiatus, then 15 as a Prince...

I have about 175K on the car and have never had the head off or dropped the pan... Cross my fingers! Runs better now than it ever did. I guess it takes about 150K to break-in these cars...

HA!

45,000 in 5 years isn't too bad, considering we have winter here. I have to wonder, not too many others daily driving something so old and unique. I did see a first gen MR2 today, but it's the season for toys to be on the road so that isn't too unusual, now mid Jan. that's when I feel like I'm pretty far "out there"

Now having THREE "fun cars" in my rather...

eclectic co0llection, I'm stressed to even put a couple of thousand on each of them every year...

That's kinda nice and fun... but I was really hoping for more!

Back