Carlisle Import show

Fiatpwr

True Classic
Well, many events conspired to derail my plans this year.
The Buick tow rig and the Otas still needed too much sorting and the 131 needs some suspension work. I took my VW TDI. First time in 15 trips I have ever taken a 'normal' car.

I took my Dad to his first Carlisle this year and caravaned with our Irish friend Jim Magil. Jim borrowed a Brabus Smart Roadster from the Lane Museum for his vacation in the U.S.

Not a lot of space in the Smart.

We made it with no issues.

The Smart got 58mpg and the TDI got 48. THe smart has a 5 gallon tank so we did have to stop a couple of times. The TDI went down (500 miles) and 130 miles back on week old Diesel.

Cars in the camping area are always interesting.

Buddy Ryan with his new MZ and Vt beer.

Jim discussing the horrors of American driving.

Asian cars were featured.

You never know what will be in the for sale section.

There is still good stuff coming out of hidden warehouses.

The show field.

These two Civics had the K20 motor. This one claimed over 400 hp!

This was a tastefully done Topo hot rod.

This had me fooled. It's a Triumph.

Fewer 'I' cars this year, but the quality was there.

This was a bit kludge.

LT-1 V8

Good French turn out.

One Russian car.

See you next year!

Nice...

Thanks for sharing the fun with us. I used to go to Carlisle every year and got tired of cold rain. I still miss it though, something cool about that event for sure.

Would you consider doing a story for the RICAMBI on this event? I would love to cover it in the next issue due out in late June. If you can't do it, I understand, let me know and I can recruit someone who was there. Thanks

I am glad to see the Smart car was well received. It is a fun car.

Would you consider doing a story for the RICAMBI on this event?

I am glad to see the Smart car was well received. It is a fun car.

I am really slammed here trying to get the Otas presentable for FO.
I'll see if I can get to that, don't hold your breath.

The Smart drew a crowd everywhere. Even in the camp site. We had to spot Jim a couple of times. He would go sit down and my Dad or I would tell people it's story.

It's a modern day Otas really. Lots of ergonomic similarities. Fun car (crappy transmission).

Back