Proposed CA smog bill

Did it, and sent a letter and apic of my 78 expressing my hopes for not having to sell my r out of state.

ALL CALIFORNIANS IGNITE!

Hey Cesare, I was a bit concerned that SAN has not contacted folks like ME who are SAN Members concerning stuff like this!

This is GOOD news and needs to be implemented... I hadta go to the site myself and then to the bill itself to be sure this was not old stuff or a spam... and its NOT!

Here is the text that concerns us most!

The people of the State of California do enact as follows:

1 SECTION 1. Section 44011.7 is added to the Health and Safety Code, to read:

(a) The owner of a motor vehicle that is required to obtain a certificate of compliance pursuant to Section 44011 may elect to pay a smog abatement fee of two hundred dollars ($200) if the motor vehicle meets all of the following criteria:

(1) Is 30 or more model-years old.
(2) Was manufactured during or after the 1976 model-year.
(3) Fails a smog test required pursuant to this chapter.
(4) Fails a subsequent smog test after necessary repairs were made.

(b) Payment of the smog abatement fee established pursuant to this section shall be made to the Department of Motor Vehicles at the time of the registration of the motor vehicle.

(c) Fees collected pursuant to this section shall be deposited in the Air Quality Improvement Fund created by Section 44274.5.

I've heard that some folks paid about this much under the table every 2 years in order to pass "smog" anyway... This is what "those people" have been waiting for... for many, many years!

ALL CALIFORNIANS IGNITE...

and WRITE! You wont regret it! Copy and paste these addresses in your email, along with a cc to Steven McDonald at SEMA/SAN. Keep your comments simple and to the point and try not to tell them how you REALLY feel. (BTW... Obama had nothing to do with this. The GOVERNATOR at the time signed it into law...)

assemblymember.frazier*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.achadjian*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.baker*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.bloom*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.campos*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.chu*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.daly*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.dodd*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.eduardo.garcia*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.gomez*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.kim*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.linder*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.medina*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.melendez*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.nazarian*assembly.ca.gov; assemblymember.odonnell*assembly.ca.gov

cc: stevem*sema.org

Tony, that was my first thought as well.the part about giving the state $200 to look the other way, instead of giving it to your mechanic/tester to 'pass' you. Everyone (and everything) it seems has a price...

Cesare

Money talks, and after all, since large polluting industries can purchase carbon credits to pollute, why can't the little guy buy his own carbon credits? Haha

A footnote to all... I tried to write these Assemblymembers...

and most of them came back with addresses that didn't work...

I don't even see MY Assemblyman listed but maybe because this is just "in committee" right now... Who the hell knows...

I'm gonna write the SEMA/SAN guy ans see if he can find a better list or list these in a way that they will work. More to come...

And here it is...

Ya gotta go here and copy the emails...

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa_2015CA2&g=SEMAGA

as I forgot this site kills the ampersand...

I wrote to these 16 Assembly-members and received 8 auto-responses so far of which 2 said the address is no longer valid, 2 more had referrals to other addresses and the other 4 had blanket thanks yous telling me how busy they are...

Last edited:
and most of them came back with addresses that didn't work...

I don't even see MY Assemblyman listed but maybe because this is just "in committee" right now... Who the hell knows...

I'm gonna write the SEMA/SAN guy ans see if he can find a better list or list these in a way that they will work. More to come...

And here it is...

Ya gotta go here and copy the emails...

http://www.semasan.com/page.asp?content=aa_2015CA2&g=SEMAGA

as I forgot this site kills the ampersand...

I wrote to these 16 Assembly-members and received 8 auto-responses so far of which 2 said the address is no longer valid, 2 more had referrals to other addresses and the other 4 had blanket thanks yous telling me how busy they are...

Thats exactly what I got too... I think SAN is dropping the ball here.

Back