X1/9s in Bangladesh?

Some really good fundamental X 1/9 comments, too

Especially about new cars going fast but feeling slow. Good review of the X 19 experience actually. One of the best.

I usually search Google news for "Fiat X 1/9" in a news story. It usually turns up some interesting articles. You can automate the search and it will email you the links.

I wonder if this owner is a member here?!?

Pretty interesting to see this here, this is actually my car :) ! Just joined Xweb and I now I really miss my X1/9. (I still have it, I'm just not in the country at the moment)

Congrats! Lots of work and it looks like it paid off:)

Two comments:
1. Bright yellow is unquestionably the best color for an X.

2. You have to tell us more about the engine swap.

Thank you! It took me a long time to decide what color to paint it but ended up as a decision between red, yellow, and the original color (a cross between lime/wasabi green). As soon as I saw the car come out of the paint shop I was really pleased with my decision.

The engine is a Toyota 4E-FTE motor from a Toyota Starlet GT Turbo (Was never sold in the US). The previous owner (my uncle actually) wanted more power and in Bangladesh the most readily available engines are Toyota motors. They are dime a dozen and spare parts are virtually endless and readily available. Also, the 4E-FTE motor is a 1.3 inline four (turbocharged), just like the X1/9's 1300 so fitting it into the car was not too much trouble. At peak condition the engine is supposed to be making around 130bhp. To my uncle this motor seemed like the perfect choice.

As our country has severe issues with traffic, he opted for an A/T transmission. It does make for quick acceleration however there are some compatibility issues that I hope to straighten out (Hopefully with Xweb's help).

Sweet!! and welcome, I hope you enjoy the Xweb community. Lots of good experience to learn from here and I'm sure many can learn from your experience.

Your car looks pretty sharp, and I bet it turns heads in traffic. I know mine does!

Welcome to Xweb!

Thank you! Enjoying it quite a bit so far. There are only 3 X1/9's in the entire country unfortunately so I'm glad to finally be a part of a community with other owners.

Thanks! Stands out a lot, a bit too much in some cases (Such as with the police, it's a real "pull-over" magnet haha).

Back