posting photos

Vido Peran

True Classic
OK, I'm confused. Do photos have to be uploaded to ImageShack or PostImage (is there a difference?) and then a link to them set in one's XWeb post? Or can photos somehow be uploaded directly to XWebForums? The Help page doesn't seem to coincide with the buttons on the posting page. I've been asked for photos of my '74 headlight motor's rotary switch, but I'm caught in the myriad hoops one has to jump through to post them.

VidoP

Yes, upload to a photo host first

Yes, you need to upload your photos to a photo host first (Photobucket, Imageshack, postimage, etc, etc). Then get the link to your photo from the host and paste it into your post.

Last edited:
Thanks, guys!

OK, it's jump through the registration hoops, then. I was hoping not to have to leave an emailbox trail. (Personal fetish of mine.)

VidoP

Vido... I find "PostImage" to be the easiest...

Sometimes the BROWSER you are using doesn't even display this option and some browsers have trouble with it.

It really a simple procedure, simply click on:

Click to add image to post

The click on BROWSE and search for the photo on your computer or the link you are watching. I usually copy the photo I want onto my desktop, then use the PostImage Browser to highlight it...

Mark the photo FAMILY FRIENDLY and then press UPLOAD.

Wait for PostImage to load it and then it will appear in this VERY box as a URL like this:

(URL/http:blahblahblahblan//ballbat)

Press PREVIEW POST and the photo will appear at the bottom of your text and also in the PREVIEW BOX above.

You can then cut and past or move the photo wherever you want on your post like here... but I also clicked on it and copied it and placed it in the sentence above.

This is how the reader will view it until he clicks to open or super-size it and then there may appear about FOUR G - R Rated photos and subsequent links to stupid gossip sites. Not very tasteful but not so bad that I go elsewhere.

Hope this helps

Tony, better get a photo of your front yard

From what I hear, watering lawns this summer in SoCal is out.
I would imagine the makers of AstroTurf will be doing really well this year.

pay to keep photos available?

Hi, Tony -

I was able to post the pics of the headlight motor rotary switch by using ImageShack, but a message there says that I have 29 days left before I have to "upgrade" and pay $2/month. Does this mean that everyone who posts photos on XWebForums has to eventually pay to keep them available for future searches, or does the XWebForum archive the photos itself? I don't feel that I can pay indefinitely to keep the photos available.

VidoP

Use Photobucket

Just my two cents here.

I used to use Imageshack, but they keep changing the policies. I have used photobucket for many years now. PB has a free service and one you can pay for. I use the free option.

Well Vido... as I said...

I use PostImage... so I dunno what's going on with Image Shack.

I used them many years ago until they asked me to log in and I had a difficult time using them.

Jimmy D says use Photo Bucket... and Jim usually knows what he's talking about... I just am getting too old to learn anything new.

What can I say... 3 people, 3 opinions, 2 work and 1 doesn't. Your choice.

Will we see you Sunday?

PhotoBucket in reserve

OK, I'll see if ImageShack is serious about charging me money in 29 days. If they are, I'll re-post the photos using PhotoBucket.

VidoP

Back