Rare Wheels Discussion Post your pics of rare or hard to find Wheels

jjay911

True Classic
Lots of us here on this forum love the rare wheels that often come up for sale. I have been collecting rare Fiat wheels for decades. I thought this would be a good place to discuss some of the rarest of them all. I have Campys and Chromodoras and lots of odd wheels. And you will see me sell sets on occasion. I recently added a set of rare wheels to the collection. They are so rare I Doubt most folks have ever heard of them let alone seen a set on a Fiat.:pc: Well here is a Teaser picture of the rare wheels. Lets see if anyone here recognizes them.:grin::eek:mg:

RUSPA!

I recently added a set of rare wheels to the collection. They are so rare I Doubt most folks have ever heard of them let alone seen a set on a Fiat.:pc: Well here is a Teaser picture of the rare wheels. Lets see if anyone here recognizes them.:grin::eek:mg:

Ruspa wheels, available in 13" & 14" versions. I used to have a 13" set on my 850 Sedan back in the early 1990's, then on an 850 Coupe. In the early 2000's I had a 14" set on my 128, then sold 'em to acquire the truly-rare Lombardi Momo's currently on the car. I might have a photo of the Ruspas on one of these cars - I'll have to check.

Edit: Ruspa on an 850 Coupe:

Even rarer than the Ruspa wheels themselves are the matching "R" centercaps :grin::

These wheels are fairly rare in the States these days (because nobody wants to sell theirs), but show up on eBay Italy once or twice a year, often reasonably priced, sometimes priced at a "crack-head" rate.

REALLY COOL TOPIC!!!

OMG, I had a huge wheel collection like most of us.. ha.. mostly because of racing needs, I had a lot of tires mounted. Perhaps I was a little OCD :)

I had many Momo's, some R&G (Rivi & Grimaldi), Fondmetal, and a few others..

I love vintage wheels on an X. I love Campagnolos, and of course the Cromodora Daytonas are sexy..

My dream right now would be to have a '74, in lime green, with Daytonas on it - that would be awesome!

I think the 74 would look best in green or that amazing 70s Orange with those Daytonas. OK folks post your pics of your wheels.

I have only 4 sets of really rare wheels so I will save a few for later in the thread...

Not CD30s

The wheels you have put a bid on are not CD30 design, but are CD16. See below...

felge.jpg

Abarth_Cromodora%201.jpg

Bet you've never seen a Cromadora broken....

....like THIS!!!!

P1000190_lo.jpg

P1000187_lo.jpg

Happened to a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago when he ran into a post at very low speed. Makes you wonder about the wisdom of using old wheels....

Does this make this CD30 into a CD15 ???? :)

I have never seen my wheels anywhere else before. These came on my 1985 that I bought in 2009. They are 15 x 7.5 with 4x98 bolt pattern, but are not hubcentric. Luckily you can get the hubcentric rings from our vendors.

Here are a few of mine...

I have a set of CD30s on the car and another set of Campys on the shelf above these. A set of brand new Revolutions and a few others. My son has a set of the turbine style wheels like on the bottom on his 78. We got wheels!

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-07%20at%203.29.05%20PM-M.png

Great topic

I bought these wheels with this car in Jan '76. The PO bought them from Bayless in '74. They were made by Personnal (steering wheels).

If you have any like this please contact me, I would like to have more!

Back