exhaust ideas...

WOW... That looks like it would work great with a...

header...

I prefer a single outlet with a 4 banger, but this might be GREAT for those who prefer two!

Joe, please post pics, you have the same header as I do. I am also planning to do the exact same dual out the grill as you. I am very interested to see the finished routing of the pipes and where you put the hangers.

Hmm...

If only they made one with the entry from the side and the exit out of the middle, that would be perfect! Now I know exactly what I am looking for!

I wonder what happens if you install one BACKWARDS?

I'm sure there must be some out there (like glass-packs) where it wouldn't matter... and then some others where it might cause a restriction internally.

While searching for yours... I found this which is kinda cool...
varex_Settings.jpg

One side inlet. How many outlets??

Here is a Vibrant performance with a side inlet and two center outlets. The pictures on SummitRacing and the mfg website don't show the two outlets unless one is on the unseen end. If you don't need 2 outlets, is blocking one off ill advised?

saw the same thing!

I sent an email asking for more pics on this. the single out let is fine. There are numerous options to add dual outlet tip that would exit through the grille area..

I just finished the bulk of the project yesterday. Here are some pics:

To give me a better way to adjust the way it hangs, I got creative and hung the muffler from the rear trunk:

A close-up of a hanger:

I put the muffler together one piece at a time. It was time consuming and more than a pita, but I was winging it most of the time.

Here is the muffler before installation:

How does it sound? LOUD! It has a deep resonance that I love and spits nicely when I downshifting, and I love it...for now. It has a highway drone that may or may not wear on me later on.

Nice work Joe,

Looks like it belongs there.
I guess (maybe?) like you, a quiet ride -especially for long distances, is preferred.

I've been thinking about taking my never-used stock muffler and re-welding larger intake and exhaust pipes onto it for greater flow while retaining most of the original (quiet!) sound.

Nice. You have enough pipe to put a resonator or even a small cat both would remove some of the highway drone. My X suffers from it some as well, but not as bad as it did with the stock-ish engine and Camarro muffler.

I used the Vibrant center inlet two outlet on my k20X,it was a snug fit for the tail pipes

Nice,

Tas, that's a nice clean install! The short pipes must have been a bi#ch.

Nice... trim... bumberless...

and updated without loosing its original look.

Question for all...

Am I the only one here that PREFERS the later model engine cover?

The only "barbs" on this car that catch my is the sectional engine cover and the original exhaust outlet... which I am sure will be filled.

A great sporty looking ride, like it cam right off the track and is about to be licensed for the street!

Looks great

And since you have the same header as I do the design you used will be perfect for my exhaust shop to follow. I think I'll add some nice big tips to sport it up a bit. Thanks for posting the pics.

So the Camaro muffler was to loud? I was thinking I would use this same design but using the Camaro muffler. I don't mind some loudness but I would like to be able to do some highway cruising without getting a headache. Maybe I need to research some more muffler options.

Not a Camaro Muf

I used a Gibson #55101 muffler. I chose it- sound unheard- because it was only 13" long and was easier to make the right angle bends. When I looked into a port, you could see right through, so I kinda knew it was going to be loud.
So far, lovin' it! :dance2:

Back