Targa top issue

Go Irish

True Classic
I have an issue with my Targa top when I want to remove it the right side is very hard to come loose from the receiver, I am not sure if the problem is in the receiver or the hook. Looking for a solution.

they are adjustable, you can loosen the philips head screws on the plate on the targa (the receiver) reposition it a little and retighten, a little bit makes a difference, my "hooks" are perishing :cry:

I have always undone the front locks and then pulled straight back on the back of the roof in the center (at the back of the targa bar). The front of the roof moves back along the tops of the glass above the doors as the hooks disengage and it pops up at the back.

The hooks don't like side load as they tend to hang up.

Sounds like

The hook is bent or out of alignment or the receiver is damaged.

Matt at MidWest Bayless would have spares.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada

targa

make the window are down as this makes the job easier.
I used to love being in slow, stop and go traffic on the freeway or at a stoplight.
jump out, take the top off, and stow away before the light changed, or the traffic started to move again
a lot of jealous looks from all around stuck in a non a/c road boulder!
aaaah good times
mikemo

targa

when removing the top make sure that you grab it at the center of the rear. a literal pain the back. but if you remove the top from the passengers side, you will notice the same problem. it needs to slide STRAIGHT back or it will bind up no matter what.
the adjustable plates that the lugs fit in are for a snugger fit due to rattles, wind noise, water...
a lube might help, but will degrade the rubber on the lugs in time.
mikemo

Back