X 1/9 Prototipo

Last edited by a moderator:
FAZA wheel archs from Midwest

Hi Tim
For those wheel archs on your X, have you cut or do you need to cut out some of the orginal wheel arch before fitting them on? I plan to put 13x7 wheels ET10 after putting on the wheel archs (same as yours) from Midwest. The body shop i had commissioned to install the wheel archs claimed they could not put on those archs if the original wheel archs were cut out.
Please comment , advise
Thanks!

Hi Tim
For those wheel archs on your X, have you cut or do you need to cut out some of the orginal wheel arch before fitting them on? I plan to put 13x7 wheels ET10 after putting on the wheel archs (same as yours) from Midwest. The body shop i had commissioned to install the wheel archs claimed they could not put on those archs if the original wheel archs were cut out.
Please comment , advise
Thanks!

I have Faza flares on my car and i did cut all 4 fenders.Im running 13x8 BWA's with 215/50-13.......

I have that FAZA car still in the upper right hand corner with the photo of all of the cars together... I still like it..:)

Hi Tim
Please comment , advise
Thanks!

Yes - you do/I did cut the wheel arches to fit them, or at least use them properly so as to allow a larger rim wheel to extend beyond the stock fender lip.

I think your body shop dudes think you want or need to remove more metal than required. You should be able to remove most of the stock wheel arch. It just depends on how you want to attach them so I not totally sure of their concern, unless it is ride height? If you remove all of the wheel arch, you will need to raise the flares maybe too high? Here is one of the rears cut:

IMG_00121.jpg

It doesn't look like a lot removed, but believe me it is. I know you are having a shop do the work, but FYI - they will need to re-weld the inner and outer "skin" of the fenders since the rears have 2 (inner/outer)

Wheel Arch

Hi Tim
Thanks! Here are photos of the wheel arch mock-up, and taken off then i realized no stock wheel arch was cut, guys at body shop claimed if all stock archs were cut, the faza wheel archs won't hold strong enough. So my concern is whether my newly arrived cd66 will have issue hitting the extended wheel arch. I plan to use 185/60/13 tyres on these 13x7 ET10 wheels. some shop suggested 175/50/13, but i see big variances compared to original suggest 69.1inch.

Last edited:
I think you just don't remove all the fender lip and you are fine. The flares were made to slap on but better with modified fenders to allow wider tires.

I think you might have fitment issues with the front wheels/tires front to back though. At least at full steering wheel turn (lock out). I used a much lower profile tire proxes 225/45
photo%2520%252854%2529.JPG

photo%2520%252855%2529.JPG

Wheel arch

Hi Tim

Thanks for the advice! Those 225/45 of yours are also 13inches. I had been searching for a while, the best i could come up with were 175/50/13 or 185/60/13.
RGDS
James

Wheel arch

Hi
Just wan to share pic of my x now with wheel arch from MW Bayless and CD66 replica. Tyres are temporary put on 175/50/13 which is small i think.

Back