Rare Wheels Discussion Post your pics of rare or hard to find Wheels

I have a set of CD30s on the car and another set of Campys on the shelf above these. A set of brand new Revolutions and a few others. My son has a set of the turbine style wheels like on the bottom on his 78. We got wheels!

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-07%20at%203.29.05%20PM-M.png

Yup, jealous. The CD50s just feel perfect for these cars.

You LOUSE! Are those Compomotive TCA's on the upper right?

If so... do you keep your garage locked?

I could sure use a set of two 13 x 7's and two 13 x 8's... just for "emergencies"!

Amada san,

I have no idea if Cromadora and Speedline brand wheels are from the same company - which is what I assume you are asking?

Maybe some other more informed members can enlighten us?

Regards from downunder....

Wheel Hoarder Wannabe...

CD31s restored (awesome caps! Thanks Ricardo!) 5.5x13 4/98
CD50s lipless unrestored (from an Alfetta GT) 6x14 4/98
BWA Sportstars unrestored (from an Alfetta GT) 6x14 4/98
2 sets CD91s (not shown).....

wife says I have "issues".... I point to her piles of shoes....:devil:

Jim, calm her nerves ...

I haven't a photo of them, but I have 6 sets of rims (CD30, CD31, TRONS, 15" Wheels from Matt Brannon,
and spares from Mac-X) kicking around the house and only 2 cars that can use them. :doh:

Let's be sure our wives never talk, as I can't deal with the fallout ... Ha!

Here's another aftermarket

Avanti by CMS. Good pic of the wheels; bad pic of the car. I have an extra set I will probably be selling soon.

Picture187.jpg
[/URL]

BWA caps

CD31s restored (awesome caps! Thanks Ricardo!) 5.5x13 4/98
CD50s lipless unrestored (from an Alfetta GT) 6x14 4/98
BWA Sportstars unrestored (from an Alfetta GT) 6x14 4/98
2 sets CD91s (not shown).....

wife says I have "issues".... I point to her piles of shoes....:devil:

Thanks Jim,

Also I have a couple sets of BWA's on red or black for your wheels if you want to install to your FIAT with the right centercap :thumbsup:

BWA-FIAT-red01_zps63e3def1.jpg

BWA-FIATblk01_zps32f7fb41.jpg

Just let me know. :sun:

Actually that's how I received them. I've since had them media blasted and was going to have them powder coated, but one had some sever cracking around the mounting holes. An expert welder attempted to repair the damage but the magnesium was flawed with excessive air pockets. Right now, I need one more to complete the set, but will probably only use them as a decoration... :(

Yes, yes, yes, and NO!

They are my wheels, but back in the day they were supposedly ANSEN'S but I have seen many called AR or American Racing.

They are a 13 x 5.5 and the backspacing sounds right.

I have seen some with DIFFERENT center holed for HUB CENTRIC cars, but min are LUG CENTRIC with NO SLOP whatsoever.

I'm SURE his wheels have been drilled out so the larger lug-hole diameter is 2 mm larger giving him a 2 mm larger bolt pattern overall of 4 x100... He is still retaining the 4x98 pattern as well.

Alas... they are NOT A STOCK 'unibolt' wheel but they do indeed function as one... and you should not have any trouble as they will self center on the studs and you just need to have a proper SHOULDERED Lug-NUT with a WASHER to install them.

Here is a REAL unilug wheel by Cragar where there are SLOTS instead of holes and they fit the usual 5 x 4.5, 5 x 4.75 and 5 x 5 inch bolt patterns. (5 x 5.5 early Ford requires a separate wheel...)

cragarss_zps8bca2308.jpg

Alas... here are example of the washers that fit IN the slots or recesses, built into the wheel's center. All they really do is work with the lugs as a finished product... but they don't have to. As I said before, the wheel will self center...

attachment.php

Note the last washer on the lower right, this one fits on TOP of the wheel center as in the AR wheels we are talking about. It does not fit IN a recess.

So... if you like those tires and wheels... I'd make an offer. The tires alone look like a good $200 bucks leaving $250 bucks for the wheels. You need to figure shipping though and all they need to be is placed face to face in pairs and tied together... but ya also gotta ascertain WHY he is selling these... as Federals have been known about 50% of the time as being out of round and difficult or impossible to balance.

Rudy Mortero here is the only one I know that got four good 185/60x13 Federals the first time. Maybe they "fixed" them... Returning these would not be cost effective...

If you are suspicious then make an offer for just the wheels and barter until you are comfortable if you need to replace a couple of tires...

Good luck with your decision.

Back