weird things

mikemo90

True Classic
is it just my lap(crap)top or is everyone when responding to a thread, that some of the words are highlighted in blue and underlined???
I clicked on a couple and they were ads for zoomba and coupons for a store nowhere on the west coast. if this to enhance the coffers of the forum cool with that. but I liked the fact there were no ads here.
I will avoid them....
mikemo

You are infected, sir...

is it just my lap(crap)top or is everyone when responding to a thread, that some of the words are highlighted in blue and underlined???
I clicked on a couple and they were ads for zoomba and coupons for a store nowhere on the west coast. if this to enhance the coffers of the forum cool with that. but I liked the fact there were no ads here.
I will avoid them....
mikemo

There is a spamware thing that does this, you will have to identify and remove it.

Pete

thanks

for the update on being on mine alone.
I am extremely careful of not opening anything I don't know, and the "geek squad" did a crappy reboot to this system in the first place....
but it only appears when I am on the forum..
hmmmmmm
mikemo

Advertising/pop up malware

The version I had on my computer was brought in by the kids downloading a game from a 'safe site'. It set itself up as an extension of Firefox. But same issue, highlight words that were direct links to websites selling stuff.

Be Careful

I had the same problem in November that somehow brought down an encryption virus.

It locked down all of the documents and picture on my computer, the spare drive that was plugged into the computer and a USB stick.

The only way around it was to pay a $500 ransom in 2 days after that it went to $1000 for 5 more days then you were out of luck. I had a back up of my computer image and reloaded it. As for pictures will they are all on SD chips. It took a long time to get back to normal.

Lucky coupon, Royal coupon and so on. I was having the same issue on this form as key words came up on blue that linked to someone's sale.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

Same thing here.......!!

.....I had the same problem in November that somehow brought down an encryption virus.......
.....I was having the same issue on this form as key words came up on blue that linked to someone's sale

Almost every programme I opened had that very same virus!Not being very savvy with PC virus eradication, I took my PC 'box' down to my local computer geek to fix. He found some sort of "deeply embedded virus" that took him some time to clean out.
He loaded a "Kaspersky" anti-virus programme into my PC at that time, and all seems to be good ------so far! :happy:

cheers, Ian - NZ

As Pete said Mike...

"You are infected"... and I might add in this case, so is your Lap-crap-top!

Write to JimmyD and ask him about Spamware or RUBot that are free downloads that might be able to detect and get rid of your problem.

As others have said as well... it is ALL in/on your machine... and you know what I think of your machine.

I hope this helps Mike... really... as this kinda crap can really be frustrating!

Back