What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

11081316_10206588555339055_5373439563537696323_n.jpg

There are atleast 3 non stock high performance part in this photo, can you name them..?

;)

There are atleast 3 non stock high performance part in this photo, can you name them..?

;)

So I'm seeing adjustable camber plates, beefier rods and the pistons look aftermarket (but I've not seen factory ones before at this point and it looks like those were cleaned/used) and maybe rings to go with?

I see a few

;)

Scat connecting rods
High comp pistons
Gapless piston rings
Moroso water tank
Camber plates
Fuel pressure regulator
Crankcase breather filter
Roll cage rear legs

Cheers,

Rob

It's a little tricky to tell from the photo

But it does look like the gudgeon pins may have thin walls. Are they Ross Racing items?

Otherwise there is a "hood" pin lying there. And the fire extinguisher.

Cheers,

Rob

Some of the things we are listing start to get debatable on the "performance items" criteria.

But let's add plug wires to the list.

lolz

Close to the plug wires. It's an Allison Automotive distributorless distributor. Good for 10k RPM,

Close to the plug wires. It's an Allison Automotive distributorless distributor. Good for 10k RPM,

That is a rough one, is that the coilpack behind it in the dark corner? On my screens its so dark its almost hard to tell something is there besides shadows :p

That is a rough one, is that the coilpack behind it in the dark corner? On my screens its so dark its almost hard to tell something is there besides shadows :p

It's in the same place as the dizzy, just to the right of the yellow dipstick. It's silver with a white connector on top.

It's in the same place as the dizzy, just to the right of the yellow dipstick. It's silver with a white connector on top.

Ahhh, that case looked very fuel pump to me, but lacking fuel lines into that one side would break that idea.

Just shows how new I am to these layouts... I didn't even think dizzy over there :p

Burned a whole tank of gas!

I drove the Fiat to an instrument-repair-conference in Normal Illinois on Thursday. With some extra errands along the way, it was about 350 miles. My longest trip previously had been about 50 miles, so it was a bit of a leap of faith. (I had about 250 miles of short trips on it this Spring, to shake the cobwebs out.) While here, I connected with Jon (Fiatpwr) & retrieved the passenger-side mirror he sold me :)

It's been a good conference, & tomorrow I get to drive the return trip!

Brian

Got the old cracked header off the car from the bottom without to much fuss, found the source of the exhaust leak underneath the header wrap.
IMG_20150413_223227_zpscpahakrr.jpg

IMG_20150413_223221_zpsu1k6ewjb.jpg

Put on the new longer tube one (had to jack it up a little higher and took some wiggling from below), had to weld up some custom washers as the spacing of the header flanges wasn't flush with the intake manifold area (washers had material added/then smoothed to reach down towards header and pickup where the extensions ended).
IMG_20150413_222213_zpsi8e4mnbs.jpg

IMG_20150413_222247_zpsgrfmtaog.jpg

IMG_20150413_222307_zps0oacq8ao.jpg

Debating on patching up the connection between the new header and the old exhaust, or just fabbing up something entirely new and lighter.

That stinks

They're showing pictures of Folsom and Oroville lakes on the news here, comparing pics from 2011 to the current water levels. Unbelievable.

...I removed the quarter-light glass and mirrors, from my 1500 Gran Finale...and fitted the non-hole quarter-light glass, one step nearer to my 1300 lookey-likey project...Now to buy some door mirrors...

Took it for a ocean-side cruise...

Drove the Xee up 84, past famous Alice's restaurant at 84 & 35, then the rest of the windy way to highway 1 on the coast. Up north to Pacifica where I helped my bro install his turbo in is mx-5, then reverse trip back home. Chased a few cars on the way, including a Lotus Elise. So awesome I could easily catch up or pass him from time to time. Great day...

Back