Would you rather have an X or a Pantera?...... Or Both?

Your Oppinions

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There have been other successful marriages between Detroit brute strength and the daughters of displacement-impoverished European nobility: Sunbeam Tiger, AC Cobra come to mind.

...and Iso Grifo, Jensen Interceptor...

Remember seeing this couple wks ago.He mentioned car was involved in a front car accident......if i remember well:)

UGLY

NOT BAD

Does look like a well executed melding of the two in terms of fitment, but it's still ugly from an X1/9 perspective, and the front end looks too narrow for the rear half. WTF is the deal with the 1/4 glass or lack thereof?

Hi. Decided to registrer into this forum after finding this thread. I have acquired this rolling chassis coupe of years aho. I must say I didn't pay 12 grand for it. ;) Pantera rear seems to be in pretty good shape. X19 front needs some serious welding.

I am having hard time to decide what direction I should go design wise. I have ford windsor v8 engine and Audi transaxle for drivetrain. Pantera transaxles are $$$
Pics if interested.

Regards
Mgmmgm

Heck yeah, moar pics please and welcome to the neighborhood! Start a build thread too, always neat to see something different, and by-and-large we're a very supportive bunch.

Hi. Decided to registrer into this forum after finding this thread. I have acquired this rolling chassis coupe of years aho. I must say I didn't pay 12 grand for it. ;) Pantera rear seems to be in pretty good shape. X19 front needs some serious welding.

I am having hard time to decide what direction I should go design wise. I have ford windsor v8 engine and Audi transaxle for drivetrain. Pantera transaxles are $$$
Pics if interested.

Regards
Mgmmgm

Holy crap can I give this post multiple likes??!?!?! hahahaha. Yes yes yes yes. Pics are good! :)

A neighbor up the hill has a perfect white Pantera. Reminds me of another friend who owned and raced one years ago, claiming it was prone to losing the rear end. Pantera for me seems too brutal, like Shelby Cobras (my cousin owned a '63 289 with Paxton). For me better to continue to persistently improve an early X. Been reading a book gifted to me for Christmas about old race car history, with fantastic passages about early formula and indy cars. Wondering how it might be possible to have a street car @ 1100 - 1500 lbs with 300hp.

Here some pics without decklid and doors. Wheelbase is around same as in pantera 2550mm.

This primer hides some nasty things and there is LOT of bondo. Front inner wheelwells gone. Nose cone done. I will prob. strip it when have time.

I think this will be race themed as there is no point trying to restore it as factory ;)

Safety is important so considering rollcage. Front needs more "meat". Maybe simple fender flares or even boxed flares.

IMG_3832.JPG
IMG_3831.JPG
IMG_3829.JPG
IMG_3830.JPG

Lol. I am not trying to create pantera replica. Any ideas how could I widen windshield bottom move a pillars? Or maeby just make a pillars bigger like in new cars. Because of widebody this x19 windshield looks tiny.

Like 3.5 inch from windshield to outer edge of fender. I think this is biggest eyesore by far in this creation by po. 😜
Screenshot_20210226-162332_Gallery.jpg

Like 3.5 inch from windshield to outer edge of fender. I think this is biggest eyesore by far in this creation by po. 😜View attachment 43775
if you did so, then a custom windshield would be necessary, but from the looks of this project that is not a problem. to me I would create a custom mirror that would smooth out that void. looking at alot of the "super cars (using that term loosely) the windshields on those dont go all the way to the fenders. just an opinion

Odie

Yes. I dont have x19 windshield and they are getting rare. Prob. getting lexan so I could have custom fit. X19 windshield rake also conflicts lines. I need to tilt it.

Mirrors. Yes. Havent thought about them. They will definately affect overall looks.

Hi xweb members. Can you identify if my doors are x1/9. Funny thing is that glass is stamped Saab trempex o.
20210330_203505.jpg

Back