deadline design

'85 Bertone
Ha! Rod from Eugene attended the Italian Show in Washington State last weekend and on the way home stopped by with Riva to steal, I mean pick up, my free Trons I listed last week; 1 X each to drive back down to their home in Eugene where Rod can continue living the dream with multiple X's and a good set of wrenches.....

Parked in my driveway in order of years is Rod's new (to him) metallic blue 84, my black 85 and their yellow '86.

We had a great visit (though ridiculously hot for a April 18, any year,... how about 90 degrees in Portland!?), and I took them out to a local haunt in the country, Helvetia Tavern, and talked about me organizing a NW X event there soon, with a nice 1/2 hour drive through the countryside up to Portland West Hill's Skyline Drive and back after stuffing ourselves silly on the Tavern's enormous burgers. More to come on that in the event forum when I figure out a date (next couple of months).

Thanks, Rod and Riva!

Looks like a pretty day

Thanks for the pics DD,

Looks like a pretty day for a drive. Too bad it was on the warm side, but it was nice and sunny and the trees are blooming!! Glad you folks had a good time.

The STLX crew needs to get out on the road sometime soon. The weather here has been rainy for about a week now and next week looks wet too. Still, spring is my favorite season.

Oh Man, I haven't had a Helvetia burger for like 35 years, are they as good as they used to be?

Sounds like a fun day, both the one you had and the one you're planning.

The stuff you bump into on here never ceases to amaze.

It's been a few years since I've been to Helvetia myself, my family originated in that area. My great grand father immigrated to Helvetia in 1894.

I still have a lot of family in the area.

That was a great weekend. Everything went well. Got to meet a lot of good people and see some incredible car's!!

Back