New guy starting to look for an X1/9

Looks good....

Congrats on the new wheels, looks like a decent car for sure. All the engine issues can be sorted out, lots of help on here and you're welcome to come to my place anytime, I can talk about Xs all day:) Good luck....

Before getting too involved in the details of the car, I should mention that Dom.M is a great guy. I felt a little guilty about buying the car from him as I know that he really wanted to restore it but unfortunately just didn't have the time. He was up front and honest with me during the sale of the car and took the time to explain some of the nuances of owning the X1/9. After re-reading my comment regarding the "4 speed" transmission it now seems like I was implying he was hiding something from me and that was clearly not the case. Just wanted to clarify. Hope you own one again some day Dom!

Great looking car

I am in Kitchener, and close. A visit some time would be great.

The South Western Ontario X 1/9 contingent is growing. Yea!

Oh, the brakes are manual and require more force than power brakes. It should not require massive force though. Perhaps a frozen brake cylinder, or the sliders on the calipers are stiff.

Paul Davock

I had the car out a bit today, and the miles per grin ratio is pretty high. This car is a hoot in the curves!

Photo of rust.....

Beezee, I know you have already bought a different car, but FYI, here is a picture taken with the front left fender removed. My car was in for repair after a front corner remodeling by my eldest.
X19%20at%20Miltons%20Smash%20Repairs%205.jpg

Most cars can have rust like this lurking underneath, especially around the windscreen.
There is a book that I own called FIAT X/19 by Phil Ward that has a chapter on repairing rust problems. It might be useful if you can find a copy.

You know it throws Me for a loop every time I see a right hand drive car. (I was not able to grasp what I was looking at seeing the break fluid holders on the wrong side of the car)..

Was their any indication outside of the fender this problem was going on?

Just wanted to add my .02 cents...

Dom is one of the best around in so many facets. You did gud!

DO ASK HERE FIRST even before washing the car! There are so many little issues that someone here has figured out so you don't haveta learn all over again.

Faster, better, less expensive and frustrating. Welcome to the Dark Side.

Back