No Tony but any SB1239 updates?

Coupefan

True Classic
Apparently before Tony decided to revert back to a computer-less 19th century lifestyle (I hear he's learning morse code and smoke signaling), he was keeping an eye on CA senate bill 1239, which would once again extend to some of us a permanent smog exception on certain vehicles. As of a week or so ago, googling didn't produce any updates. Anyone have a line on this matter?

Cesare

Yes that is a biggie for us X heads, moving emissions exemptions from pre 1976 cars to pre 1982 cars. It was being voted on last week I believe. Let me do some digging...

It's still alive!!

"Overview: Legislation (S.B. 1239) to exempt all motor vehicles prior to the 1981 model year from the emissions inspection requirement was approved by the Senate Transportation and Housing Committee on a narrow 6 – 5 vote. Current law requires the lifetime testing of all 1976 and newer model-year vehicles. The bill will next be considered by the Appropriations Committee."

Here it is

The committee took testimony on the 12th of April and postponed the hearing to the 19th. The vote was taken on the 19th and here are the results. 6 for and 5 against in the committee which I think means it will now go to a vote in each house. I didn't think it would get out of the committee but it did. Here is the link.

http://openstates.org/ca/bills/20152016/SB1239/

Cheers
Charlie

Yes, please send letters to the State Senators. This would be HUGE for the X1/9 and Spider communities!

Back