Thing you do when you don't have your x around

docpan

True Classic
I have gotten pretty bored waiting for my car to come back from the painters, so I started playing around wit a cnc plasma cutter. The things you can cut are amazing. Here is a sample I did today.

I hope Ricardo does not mind I used his decal design.

other stuff to do?

Try to build models well...

put models on stuff i've built...

and lastly, hang out with well built models

I guess you could say I'm a model enthusiast...

Last edited:
That's cool!

I love it. Any chance you can post the file online? My younger brother just picked up a plasma cutting table thing.

IMG_20160327_151537_zps2s1l0cap.jpg

Here's a video I took of it cutting.

I think it'd be cool to use Ricardo's design to make some stainless door kickboard plates.

dxf file

I don't think I can post a file here on xweb. If you pm me your email I can send you a copy.

The table looks cool. I did a lot of freehand cutting 15+ years ago. I guess the water keeps the dust down. I wore a charcoal mask when cutting. That dust got everywhere.

The elephants are about 4X4ft and the bears stands about 5ft high. Memory says 3/16 thick sheet metal.

Nice!

Nice! I don't know much about it. He bought a Hypertherm Powermax 45 sometime back, and I (the older brother) needing to do the K20A2 work on my 1976 X bought the Hypertherm 35 after nearly losing a digit with a cutoff wheel...

He's more a welder/fabricator than me and of course went and got this table thing - some type of computer controlled plasma cutter. I think the water bath is to cool the work for the most part. It's very cool to watch for sure. I'm glad he's got it 'cuz I figure I can create the part in some drawing app, send him the file and bring over some sheet metal stock and make some parts! (just don't tell him!)

I like your designs... very nice! My wife wants to build some back-of-the-house window covers for both security and interesting look.

Cheers!

There really is only one thing to do when your X is not around... Look for parts on eBay!

Admit it, we all do it!

When my Scorpion's fine or waiting for parts...

When my Scorpion is either not needing anything or I'm waiting for parts, I design and build stuff. I do that for work too, but home projects never seem to end.

Other "spare" time is spent improving my Boba Fett costume. I'm working toward getting it approved for the 501st Legion, they are a charity organization of Star Wars costumers.

IMG_20160322_212135_zpspx51igtp.jpg

You guys had more fun than me....

I got stuck remodeling a kitchen. But I 'officially' completed it yesterday. No plumbing leaks either.

I am either working, working on our new house, preparing to work on my old house or running around with the kids.

It is very rare this year that I am doing much of anything with a car beyond driving to work, driving to the new house, driving to the big box home improvement store or driving home after working on the new house. I do have a bunch of work to do on my daily drivers, I really should have kicked that last year :(

Woe is me :)

I do get the Miata a few days a week to run down to work in, a couple of good corners in each direction that make it fun. I will be getting my X registered for the first time in 17 years, the 850 will be my Detroit FFO ride (I think), we will see.

Next year will be my car year, getting through this house changeover is job one for this year.

Hey docpan didja get the x back from the painter yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Waiting on glass

All painted and ready to come home except for the windshield. It was supposed to be in last week but last minute schedule change. Hopefully this week.

Back