Is this bracket 87 only??

Dan Sarandrea (Phila)

Waitin' On Parts...
I never noticed this bracket before, could it be an '87-only item?

Looks like it supports the vac hose from the plenum snout to the distributor, and possibly the charging cable from the alternator to the starter post.

63267274-d5e1-4fb8-96a4-5e0684f7656d_zps1d36d30b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I never noticed this bracket before, could it be an '87-only item?

Looks like it supports the vac hose from the plenum snout to the distributor, and possibly the charging cable from the alternator to the starter post.

63267274-d5e1-4fb8-96a4-5e0684f7656d_zps1d36d30b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Yep, I've got it. Charging cable was routed wrong (by me no doubt) during some reassembly so it's not in it, Vac advance line removed so it isn't either!

The Queen ('86)has it as well.

This was on most of the late model cars I've owned.

Thanks Guys, I Found It

And to the OP, sorry for the mini-hijack of your sale post!!!

My car did not have this, maybe was left off by a previous mechanic after a timing belt change?

Can we verify that the other thing in the bracket is the charging cable from the alt to the starter, and that's the stock routing?

Always thought there should be something supporting that vac hose, I did a rubber lined metal clamp but it looks tacked-on and non-OEM. If I can scrounge one up I will have to re-evaluate how I have my charging cable routed. It's not bad now, but now that I know it's supposed to go up and over the cam belt cover, I will have to re-run it.

Here it is in the parts manual:
hosebracket_zps46a5137e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I would like to split this sub-topic out

To bring this FS&W thread back on track I would like to move all the "what's this bracket" stuff over to the DF. Any objections?

Back