ohhhh Dino..

myronx19

True Classic
It was a beautiful night this past Tuesday for our local Italian Car Night near Toronto.

My friend brought this beautiful Dino246GT out and wow.. it's spectacular!. It just had a major restoration, of the highest quality (and I'm not kidding - you can't believe the level of detail this car received). Check out the blog: http://dino246blog.blogspot.ca/2014_08_01_archive.html

I should have asked if he'd trade cars for the week.. hehe..

Outstanding!

No qualms about the quality of work on that Dino...

This sometimes called "Dino" has got to be my favorite all time Classic Ferrari for a couple of reasons...

1. I believe it is the ONLY Bertone bodied Ferrari ever mass produced and...

1. Does the angular form look familiar?

100_3149.JPG1..jpg

Ferrari%20Dino%20308%20GT4%201973-1980%20%281976%29%20%2801%29%20[CA1].jpg

umm ahhhh WOW!

That restoration is out of this world. Holy cats!!!!

Just have to say the air corrector setting was bad JuJu for me. I did exactly what he did to get that finite correction for idle but ended up with a detonation problem (DCOEs however). I would appreciate any feedback you have from the guy if you get a chance to discuss the topic. Any lessons learned would be appreciated. They are there for a reason but I got something wrong.

BTW huge thanks for the link. It is very good to reflect on that level of discipline every time I consider a short cut for my Alpine restoration.

Very nice

I like that Dino a lot Myron. It looks good even sitting next to your X! ;)

agreed…..

I've always loved the look of the GTB4, and frankly, its 4-seater status makes it the only object of my desire that she deems practical. To be honest though, I'm afraid to own one. I certainly couldn't work on it myself and can't afford to have someone else maintain it. My personal favorite is the silver with cream interior…spectacular. If there is one thing about the care I don't like, its the appearance of the dash. If it had more of a cockpit feel, it would be more desirable, IMHO. Cheers.

Tom, this Midnight Blue one is my newest FAVORITE...

100_3149.JPG1..jpg

I could put up with the black interior but would prefer a medium TAN... which could easily be fixed with a couple of cans of Duplicolor!

HA!... I don't even know what the dash looks like...

One of my all time fave Ferrari cars.

It was not so long ago when the Dino was not consider or worthy of being a "Ferrari" partly due to the V6 and lacking a 12 and lack of an obvious "Ferrari" badge. Yet it remains one of the best driving and special Ferrari cars made to this day..

Dino's were not that expensive back in the day. That is no longer true as the market has come to recognize this great design.

It is also the turning point for Ferrari as they moved away from offering only front engine/rear drive cars to mid-engine rear drive cars..

What a nice example of a great car.

Bernice

It was a beautiful night this past Tuesday for our local Italian Car Night near Toronto.

My friend brought this beautiful Dino246GT out and wow.. it's spectacular!. It just had a major restoration, of the highest quality (and I'm not kidding - you can't believe the level of detail this car received). Check out the blog: http://dino246blog.blogspot.ca/2014_08_01_archive.html

I should have asked if he'd trade cars for the week.. hehe..

Siting beside your X put's into perspective just how small the DINO is..

I had the pleasure to driving one about 2 years ago and it is actually a bit roomier on the inside than the X with very similar outside dimensions..

Would love to have one but like most, missed the opportunity to pick one up in the 80's... The price they sell for is crazy.

Back