A nice Sunday Drive [video]

Andy

True Classic
I discovered the importance of using the Go-Pro suction cup mount correctly, in this video I did not, so the camera is shaking a bit, makes it look like I sped up the video, be assured, this is real time... my average speed was about 60MPH.
The birds on the road are Wild Turkeys.

https://vimeo.com/106949433?utm_source=email&utm_medium=clip-transcode_complete-finished-20120100&utm_campaign=7701&email_id=Y2xpcF90cmFuc2NvZGVkfDk0NWQ2Mjc1NzlmYWEyNDhhMWQ3Y2U1Y2JiN2Q5OTQxNzU5fDMxNjQ3MTM5fDE0MTE0OTk1Njh8NzcwMQ%3D%3D

Thats a nice open road! Perfect for a spin. Yes its easy to forget to click the GoPro mount down fully, did it myself the first time I used it.

Very Cool

Great song , would have loved to hear the exhaust blended in with the music
great video , thank s

I agree the exhaust note would have been great.
Because I didn't have the camera mounted solidly, it rattled and the noise it recorded was horrid...

I need to figure out a way to mount a mic near the exhaust so I can add that sound in....

Hey Andy... when I was young and foolish...

about 5 years ago I was coming home from Visalia CA down I-5. Tootling along doing about 70 with minimal traffic and in not in a rush... enjoying the ride and pleasant weather like you in this Video. Not very scenic though...

All of a sudden some idiot goes flying by at about 90 in a BMW and is carefully threading his way through traffic... and I start to think... the cops are gonna bust him... first! HA!

I let him take the lead about 1/4 mile ahead of me and I thought I would see just how many miles I could actually cover in exactly ONE hour! That is if he or we don't get stopped. I didn't have the "scenery" like yours but "carefully" zinging by cars and weaving through the masses was quite "beautiful" (and OK, a bit dangerous) in its own right...

But how 'bout 85 miles... never under 60 or 65... and a bit over 100 at times... what a hoot! I pulled into the first rest stop and got a drink and a burger! Shame on me! I don't think I'll ever do that again... but it sure was great once.

Andy,

Great video!!! Appropriate music also.

Tony,

If you were young and foolish about 5 years ago, you sure got old and cynical in a hurry! HA!!!!:jedi:

Mike

Awesome.....

Thanks for that.... As someone who's X is parked at the moment, it was great to watch and ride along. Hopefully, I'll be able to post something like this in the spring. Cheers.....

That's my "proving ground" for many years now...

Up Bouquet Canyon about 20 miles, Stop and look at the Bouquet Canyon Reservoir... Continue on to Spunky Canyon Road and then west through Green Valley, (another bunch of twisties and a small town), then over to San Francisquito Canyon Road... stop and look at what is left of the Mulholland built reservoir that broke and killed thousands back in '28 or so... running 50 miles to the sea... Now continue about 15 miles back southeast, ending at Copperhill Road, and then back to my house. Probably about a 50 mile loop and GORGEOUS in the fall and Spring.

Or go the opposite way... and coming back stop at Big Oaks Lodge for a couple of brews and telling lies to the locals that never leave the place.

You need to call way more ahead, before you "drop by" next time.... HA!

Back