since my car is back on the road...

BellaMacchina

1976 Fiat X1/9
I have taken it to work each day. Every day I get comments and compliments about my X.

The other day it turned into a conversation that lasted three intersections...an Italian with his head out the Window of his F350....

But the best one is the guy who pulled up to me on the Lakeshore, he was laughing and literally grinning ear to ear and he said he test drove an X19 back when he was 17 in Regina Saskatchewan! He was so genuinely happy to see that car again!

I find that Toronto traffic is pretty forgiving with the X so far. A few people have waited an extra moment or two at the lights when I couldn't get it into first gear, and I didn't get honked at. A few times I drove the posted speed limits as I wanted the engine to warm up before going all out to keep up with everyone else and no honking, they just changed lanes...people have been patient and believe me that is NOT normal for Toronto drivers.

It was a good week. Longest single trip, about 50kms non stop, and a top speed of 50mph ( no highway driving yet) which I believe is 80kmh!!

Had a great week.

Things to fix:
Park light
Brake light switch
Side view mirror (wobbly)
New gear oil

Glad to hear you are enjoying your car. I wish you many trouble free miles. Be careful though about bragging or complements on your car. Especially when you are near it. A week ago I came out of the hardware store and another guy came out at the same time. As I climbed into my 1970 FJ40 the guy says nice looking Cruiser. Now the old toy normally fires on the first turn but this time as I said thanks and mentioned she has been a dependable old rig for the past forty years an ignition wire corroded up while we were talking. When I turned the key and the sob wouldn't start. I had to call my son to come up and give me a push. All the way home I would turn the engine off and it would fire right back up. Got home and traced the bad connection and everything is copasetic. So remember this about your X19... Take care of her with good maintenance but when you are out driving treat her a little ruff while driving. X's like that but what ever you do don't complement her where she can hear you or she will start getting uppity. Well I see the men in the rubber truck are here to take me back.

Your aloud to smile and be happy driving it.
Don't voice that happiness! ;)

Bad thing's can and will happen if you do.
I have experienced this as well...

Back