The lada with roof rack

pdxgeo

True Classic
Tony I think that specific car "culture" actually looks pretty classy. the roof rack is a huge help on a tiny car and it's a neat looking accessory. other car cultures that dont do it for me include but are not limited to

15096384520_1b3de7e7f4_b.jpg

All three "pictures" (if you can call bad Photoshops a picture) are of vehicles whose function has been almost totally compromised by form.

"Not that there is anything wrong with that." All sorts of things allow us to express our individuality, even if that expression of individuality manifests itself by doing what everyone else in a given group is doing, to the point of becoming a stereotype!

My 128 had a roof rack when I got it and removing it was the first thing I did to it. I am not knocking anyone who likes roof racks but luggage on top of a car looks so dustbowl migrant to me. You might as well get a piece of rope and tie the doors shut. The station wagons look cool but a clean roof line would look better. As for the monstrosity with the photo shopped wheels... As soon as I get my head out of the waste bucket I will tell you.

Dragonsgate was the 128 a wagon? if so do you still have the roof rack cause i'll take it! Actually SplitPea has a rack compliments of Chris (Karhawk)! and I use it all the time. It really is a useful things to have. I think it was a factory one though so perhaps not as flashy as the aftermarket oned the Ladas are wearing but I still like em.

Dragonsgate was the 128 a wagon? if so do you still have the roof rack cause i'll take it! Actually SplitPea has a rack compliments of Chris (Karhawk)! and I use it all the time. It really is a useful things to have. I think it was a factory one though so perhaps not as flashy as the aftermarket oned the Ladas are wearing but I still like em.

No, it was a sedan back in 1976. The rack was chrome bars screwed into the roof. The bars laid around for a couple of years before they were incorporated into a metal sculpture.

128 Roof Rack

I have spare factory roof rack as removed from a Fiat 128 Wagon, it is in average conition and dismantled for easy storage / shipping, let me know if you are interested, I no longer have any 128s so I'm sure I won't need this.

The 76 Fiat 128 sedan my folks bought when we moved to Naples Italy ended up sporting a roof rack most of it's life. Well, most of it's life overseas. My dad picked one up for some trip we were taking. I can't recall why we knew the stuff wouldn't fit in the huge trunk. Maybe my folks planned on buying a piece of furniture or something? Who knows... I was 12.

Anyway... when we got back from the trip, the rack stayed on for a month or two... just procrastination on my dads part. Finally he pulled it off one morning and we went to the local Navy Base Exchange... when we came out of the building my dad said "Wow... I got used to the roof rack being on the car... made it easy to find!" The base parking lot was filled with a majority of Fiat's... 127's, 128's and 131's..

A few days later my dad stuck the rack back on and it stayed there till we shipped the car back to the states. The front bar was wrapped with duct tape to keep it from singing in the wind. When we got back stateside I was 16 and I left it off... more aero!!! I needed every mph I could squeeze out of her!:)

Back