Hi guys! Long time no see...a call out to my fellow GA exxers...

Quantumleap

Rich Banks
Seeing that I'm not an electrician, I need a mechanic out here that can sort out my no headlights problem, I'd give them the wiring diagram for the BBrown upgrade (which worked amazing!), they pop up, but no lights, all the other lights work fine. Wanna get it done before the big Italian car day here in Nov. Cheers!

I could help you with paint in ATL, but not electric. Maybe Bob B. will jump in and walk you through testing. Got a meter?

Ooh! I need a repaint too

Would love to talk to ya about getting the exxie repainted, got an offer by strangepod on the lights, I don't have a meter, he may have one but if not, I should pick one up anyways. (770) 265-8789 cell

As I was telling someone at work yesterday (and Bob will understand this) - you can't have too many meters..

Rich, give you a shout tomorrow - just got in and need to hit the hay...

John

You can see my before and after photos in this thread. They pulled front & rear glass and all trim off the car, fixed a few dents and re-shot it in black.

Chamblee Dunwoody Collision

Phone: 770-457-1655

Address:
2124 American Industrial Way
Chamblee, GA 30341

It's a small family owned shop. Henry runs the front end and his brother Mo runs the shop. Great folks. I was a fleet manager for about 100 cars in ATL for about 5 years and they did most of my paint/body work. They put out good quality work and I tried to beat their prices but was never able to do so.

If you call tell Henry the same as Tim's little car. if you drive it over they will know as soon as they see it who sent you. They are a couple of miles inside the perimeter at the top end.

What is a good time to call?

Don't make me come out there and smack ya!!!

Pick up a meter (VOM) from Harbor Freight as Tim said, even if ya haveta pay $5.99 for it! GEEZ!

image_23332.jpg

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-function-multimeter-98025.html

Have that beautiful daughter of yours pop the fuse panel and test the fuses with the OHMMETER portion of the VOM. Have her call me if SHE needs help. (I've given up on you!)

661-296-7277 9 - 9 PDT.

We can walk HER through the process until its solved...

Your (lecherous) Old Best Friend...

Tony

Well... I dunno WHY some people torture themselves...

I guess you must like the attention ya get guessing what's wrong when a meter (and a grueling training session lasting 5 minutes) will set you up for life!

Got it sorted out....

I want to give a BIG shoutout to John (a.k.a. strangepod), the electrical wiz who figured out the issue with the headlights, after following wires and chasing gremlins, it was the relays from the mod, I let them lay in the headlight wire bays where they could let water and condensation ruin the relays, now they are mounted properly, and picking up new relays...lights once again allow me to drive my baby early in the morning to work if I wanted to, not to mention the wifey. John, you need to show off that beauty Exxie of yours! His metallic red '87 had me drooling, perfect condition inside and out, and has a unique history, with actual letter from Bertone when it was shipped to the states by previous owner from Germany in late '86. Awesome. Was a nice drive, over an hour, very therapeutic. Cheers!

Anytime Rich, no problem. Next thing on your list is the wiper relay mod and don't forget the starter mod while your in there. We can make another afternoon of it although we shouldn't be chasing anything this time(except a beer or two). - I wanna see that beamer..

John

GOOD STUFF, John... you're one of many here but...

you still took the time and initiative to help Rich out (again!) Kudos to ya!

Now he'll NEVER buy a VOM... HA!

But hey, if he wasn't such a nice guy... we'd snub him!

Back