Might sell my X1/9

arc12111

True Classic
Does anyone know what my 1987 Fiat x/19 Bertone with 30,468 miles all original, except tires, and front brake pads would sell for? I love this car, but hard times are pressuring me to let this beautiful car go to the right buyer. Thank you

Last edited:
Well, like tires, plugs and motor oil, pricing will...

garner you about 2 OPINIONS per bellybutton.

I suggest:

1. Look on EBAY for car that have SOLD, not just listed.

2. Consider the plethora of opinions here as WE are the kinda folks MOST interested in these cars, and their values, but are generally a "frugal" lot looking to get the most for our money.

3. You know what ya paid, I'm sure you want more... but if hard times are the truth, then telling everyone this will signal them that you will take quite a bit less than the ASKING price. We here are sympathetic to that, but others may not be.

4. KNOW what you will accept as a minimum... and ASK about 20% more. That minimum might be enough to cover the bills or whatever, or it could be the profit you want to make. That's all YOUR business. Keep that to yourself and its perfectly OK to do so.

5. OBO means you are willing to NEGOTIATE the price... FIRM means yur a stubburn so-and-so and usually turns folks off at the git-go.

Lastly... The BEST sale is when the Seller gets a bit more than he was expecting, and the Buyer pays little less than he was willing to spend.

I also sincerely hope the "issue" passes and you can keep the car. I also know you have been a bit frustrated lately with it as well.... and you haven't really had a chance to ENJOY it. Someone probably shoulda clued you in that yur gonna spend 2 hours working on this car for every hour driving. That ain't so bad actually, but ya gotta LOVE both.

Good info

I suggest:

2. Consider the plethora of opinions here as WE are the kinda folks MOST interested in these cars, and their values, but are generally a "frugal" lot looking to get the most for our money.

3. You know what ya paid, I'm sure you want more... but if hard times are the truth, then telling everyone this will signal them that you will take quite a bit less than the ASKING price. We here are sympathetic to that, but others may not be.

4. KNOW what you will accept as a minimum... and ASK about 20% more. That minimum might be enough to cover the bills or whatever, or it could be the profit you want to make. That's all YOUR business. Keep that to yourself and its perfectly OK to do so.

5. OBO means you are willing to NEGOTIATE the price... FIRM means yur a stubburn so-and-so and usually turns folks off at the git-go.

Lastly... The BEST sale is when the Seller gets a bit more than he was expecting, and the Buyer pays little less than he was willing to spend.

I also sincerely hope the "issue" passes and you can keep the car. I also know you have been a bit frustrated lately with it as well.... and you haven't really had a chance to ENJOY it. Someone probably shoulda clued you in that yur gonna spend 2 hours working on this car for every hour driving. That ain't so bad actually, but ya gotta LOVE both.

Thanks for the intell, I will try looking on ebay for sure. If you know someone wanting to buy this car please let me know, we can talk price.

Could I

I suggest:

After I get an idea what she is going for, could I try and get bids here? I will start at a price and so fourth. I trust most people on here, and would really rather sell this car to someone that knows something about her and will take care of it.

No ebay

I suggest:

I tried ebay, and no listings that I could find on this car Hmmmmm? Thinking I am......:)

XWeb is not really an auction site....

After I get an idea what she is going for, could I try and get bids here? I will start at a price and so fourth. I trust most people on here, and would really rather sell this car to someone that knows something about her and will take care of it.

I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure of the exact rules but I don't think that kind of thing is smiled upon. Now, if you want opinions on what your car is worth, you can certainly ask for that.

Mine would be, if your car is fairly unmolested, is rust free, and everything works, I think around $5-6k.

Pete

Good shape

I'm not a moderator so I'm not sure of the exact rules but I don't think that kind of thing is smiled upon. Now, if you want opinions on what your car is worth, you can certainly ask for that.

Mine would be, if your car is fairly unmolested, is rust free, and everything works, I think around $5-6k.

Pete

The car is all original, nothing broken, beautiful car inside and out, minor rust on a couple spots, surface rust. Very low mileage, really needs little to be showroom condition. Thanks for the input, let me know if you know someone looking to buy one.

sorry to hear that!

Too bad you can't keep it. I hope the real issue behind it is not your level of frustration. I know during moments when it took me all day to try to put a timing belt on the car, or when I bolted everything together and my head gasket did not seal it was easy to think throwing in the towel was the simplest solution!

I can certainly try to help you if it is mechanical issues, and I am sure Doug and Josh would be too, they certainly helped me immensely!

It looks like currently there is one X for sale in toronto on kijiji. Usually there is one or two and they typically sell within a few months or sooner I have found.

Hope you decide against it tho

M

I'm going to keep her

Too bad you can't keep it. I hope the real issue behind it is not your level of frustration. I know during moments when it took me all day to try to put a timing belt on the car, or when I bolted everything together and my head gasket did not seal it was easy to think throwing in the towel was the simplest solution!

I can certainly try to help you if it is mechanical issues, and I now have I am sure Doug and Josh would be too, they certainly helped me immensely!

It looks like currently there is one X for sale in toronto on kijiji. Usually there is one or two and they typically sell within a few months or sooner I have found.

Hope you decide against it tho

M

I decided not to sell her, gonna keep her. I now have to replace clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. Kinda funny how things just go bad over night. At least parts are cheap for the most part, and a great experience repairing my car. Take care my friend, glad to keep her. I was trying to delete the for sale post, but had no luck doing so.

Cool Andrew!

I am so sorry why did I think your name was Andrew?

I am Mike too, well Michael. No one really calls me Mike.

Glad you decided to keep your X! Once you have sorted out the issues let's go for a cruise!

M

Cruise for sure!

My car is running so well right now! I'm so happy with how I was able to do all the work myself, I kinda have to where's to the limited techs in my area, besides what a better feeling fixing it yourself. Great way to know the car inside and out. I would love to meet up someday, shoot the sh*t and just drive.

Back