near miss

jvandyke

True Classic
highway during rush hour, sudden slow down, I hauled my X down decently but of course I'm looking in my rear view before I'm even done and steering for the guard rail, sure enough guy behind me wasn't so quick, he locked 'em up and swerved, missed me, lucky for him the other lane was empty. Don't like that much, getting tagged in the rear like that would be quite a bad day for me and the car. I hate the interstate. Really nice ride to work in the morning though, sunrise in the light fog over the country side (I took the non interstate mega long way in). Weather guy says time's up, changes tonight into rain and colder. Party's over. What a perfect stretch of weather we've had. I might just swear off the interstate during commutes.

Mmmm on the weather, we'll miss the great days September brought us. A true indian summer as they say.

Yeah I have been paranoid about fast stops for a long time, I nearly got nailed the other day in a similar incident on Kazoo, you would think someone wouldn't need to fly and fiddle with their cell at the same time.

Glad I don't have to commute very far and for the most part its all low speed. Stay safe out there.

I've always considered the highway to be a safe place due to no intersections and everyone going relatively the same speed but bets are off if it's bumper to bumper 70+ and often grinds to sudden halts, add distracted drivers and yeah, well, I don't like the highway.

What is up with today?

I had a large pick-up truck start moving into my lane, I squished as far left as I could with my horn blasting and then he proceeds to exit right on to the highway!!!?!

?????

People are jerks. When I drive, I drive, I pay very careful attention, it's all I'm doing and it's my JOB, respect for everyone else's lives. I can't imagine doing anything else. Not that mistakes don't happen and I've made my share but so many people are not even trying. I don't trust any of 'em. 25 years of motorcycle riding will teach you almost uncanny 6th sense defensive instincts.

Last edited:
These days, driving an X is similar to riding a motorcycle. Back in the 70's you could fight for position, but not these days with all the 'SUVs' around.

Plus 1 on avoiding highways. I much prefer taking the long way home when I'm in the X

Back