86 X on Hemmings for $29000

Crazy Price

Although I believe that the front and rear spoilers were available in 86 and very rare, 29,000 is absolutely insane I would pay maybe $14,000-15,000. Very nice example, but that price is fighting words:jedi:

Almost certainly after-market items.......!

........ But look at the front and rear spoilers. I've never seen those before...

....IMHO! And ain't they pig-ugly!! :doh:
But a VERY nice carefully looked-after X, tho!!

cheers, Ian - NZ

Up to individual tastes, but I'm not lovin' the look of it.
Looks like it's in extremely good condition.
Would be a shame to drive such a low-mileage car. But what fun is that?

Heck, I could probably be convinced to sell my 86 for $20,000....:whistle:

Nice looking car. I do kind of like the front spoiler with the integrated driving lights.

Looks like a Eurosport kit

I am pretty sure you can still get that kit from a vendor in the UK. Usually those kits were painted body color by the dealer. This kit looks like it was added later in the cars life.... maybe recently... and left it black in order to save on a paint job???

D*mn.... as stated by others, a Corsa kit, not Eurosport. :(

Looks like the dealer-option Corsa Kit.

What's throwing you is that these were usually on monotone cars and painted the body color. This example is on a red car yet the kit pieces are black.

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of a Corsa kit on a two-tone car.

Reasonable price in Japan ?,,

Hi,
I don't know anyone buy the x such price in Japan,,
but,,,some Japanese shop sells X ,,,
I think the X are sitting more than a year,,

http://www.potential8.jp/

N. Amada
JAPAN

Last edited:
not aftermarket.

but not a factory install on this new one in the ad either.
Factory installs were all body colored. You could order the kit after the fact and have the dealer fit it.
Some dealers stocked the kit in basic black which could explain what happened here on the red car.

The Corsa kit was a Bertone factory kit supplied by SOCAR, Bertone's parts distributer in Turin.
I have tons of photos but won't bog down the Workshop section.

Another example...

A decent image of my '87 Corsa; kit included front and rear fiberglass bumper surrounds, the front had Carello driving lights, plastic side skirts, and the heavy fiberglass rear spoiler, all body color.

IMG_8421.jpg

Despite being painted by the factory, and specific mounting points molded into the kits, they were installed stateside and so with varying attention to detail, fitment.

Nice car but nowhere near that money, IMHO. If the breed standard brings the most $$, this isn't it due to the odd body kit. I guess if you could document the dealer installed it at time of purchase but it'd still be an exception to the rule, thus not a breed standard, so not worth the ultimate $$, right? I hope they get it as I like values to go up, just so fewer get thrown away, even if I have to pay more down the road, better to pay more for something then have nothing left to choose from.:confused:

Very Clean..

I haven't seen an X this clean since I was in Keene New Hampshire!

Dripping rust proofing perhaps

Jeff,

I was thinking it may be dripping goo from the trunk lid. The residue around the holes on the lid look make it look like the lid may have been rust proofed.

Yep...

Jeff, I was thinking it may be dripping goo from the trunk lid. The residue around the holes on the lid look make it look like the lid may have been rust proofed.

That's exactly what it is, my car had a lot of it here and there and it took some effort to remove.

Back