will new 500 wheels fit our cars?

Kevin Cozzo

True Classic
I was wondering if FIAT ever stopped using the strange 4x98 pattern, and to my surprise- no, they kept it on the new 500's. Wondering if those wheels would fit our cars, anybody else get a wild hair and try this yet? I figure the backspace is way different, but hey ya never know.....

I was wondering if FIAT ever stopped using the strange 4x98 pattern, and to my surprise- no, they kept it on the new 500's. Wondering if those wheels would fit our cars, anybody else get a wild hair and try this yet? I figure the backspace is way different, but hey ya never know.....

I have a set of front wheel drive wheels that I did fit on the X. It takes alot of work, but is doable. AS I do not know the exact offset of the 500 wheel, these measurements are approximate.

First and for most, it would be beneficial to run coil overs. As I was, this was my measurements. With FWD wheels, I needed a minimum 20mm of spacer to keep them from JUST rubbing on the coil over.

I have a set........

On my Lemons race car. Since I'm still using the stock suspension setup. It required a 1" spacer to clear the front suspension.

Back