What's Your Thoughts Between these Two Sets Of Rims

Randy B

True Classic
So folks, I have two sets of rims and tires for my X and I am not really sure which set of rims best accentuate the car. The A-R Spectre rims were in like new condition and polished up nicely. They seam to offer a little flashy bling to the dark lower half of my car.

On the other hand, the Daytona rims have always been my favorite for an X. They just seam to fit the design and era of the car. So yesterday I put the Daytona rims on to see how they really look. I must admit that I think they look better on a "single color" X. Cars in solid yellow, orange, red, or black look great with Daytona rims. I just didn't have that wow feeling :sigh:. I still think the rims look good and I'll probably keep them as long as I have the car.

What is your thoughts on rim selections? Does it make a difference between a single or two-tone car?
Tony N., I know what you are rolling on in your hood. What's your :2c:?

Thanks,

A-R Spectre

I love Daytonas (especially on yellow cars), but on your car, those two pics, definitely the A-R Spectres look better. IMO :)

Paint the car black and go with the Daytonas!!!

:)

Seriously though. As much as I like Daytonas, I have to agree that they look a little odd with your particular two-tone. Maybe if they were a darker shade of silver, but they just seem to bright or something. The Spectre wheels fit in better IMHO.

Maybe try some black center caps on the Daytonas and see if it brings the overall brightness down a bit???

The top set.

It has a nice balance between light and dark and blends well with your two-tone paint.

The bottom set has too much bright in the center and the black tires disappear into the paint. Poor balance, too much concentration of both the light and the dark.

Hope this helps. :2c:

I like the daytona's, however

I would paint the inside of the spokes the same color as the grey on the car. This would then give it the more subdued coloring of the AR's.

what brand /size tires are those?

I just bought a set of Spec's for my yellow 78, what tires are you running ,as they seem the perfect size? Thanks Grant...p.s. anyone know where I can get centercaps?:)

Which Rims?

Wow - I can't believe I am going to vote for the top picture!

I LOVE the Daytona rims and always thought they were THE BEST LOOKING wheels available. But I think you nailed it - they lose a lot on a two-toned car. I never realized that before!

In fact, I think you don't need anyone else's opinion - you nailed it in your post.

Keep the Daytona for posterity but mount the Spectre's.

Ed

Wheels.

Thanks for the comments Guys. I have come up with a solution to my dilemma. I need another X. I will go for a late model, orange car. I am kind of partial to Larry C's "Crab".

Mr. Brown, I knew you had good taste. Those were your rims.:shh:

Mr. Kelly, I bought the tires about 18 months ago. They are Federal Fermoza FD1. I bought them out of tires-easy.com The fronts are 185/60-13 and the rears are 205/60-13. And the front end was lowered almost 2". Some guys have reported problems with these tires. I haven't driven the car enough to know if I will have a problem or not.

Herzel, thought about you the other day when I read that they got your gas station. Keep your head down.

Thanks,

blinded by the light...

Smoke down that blinding silver finish and you'll be fine.
of course getting another X is always perfect solution...:)

here are some fine two-tone examples with Daytonas.

rx19 & Quantumleap.

Your comparison.

Back