The Queen's ugly rear end

WYOX19

True Classic
Last Spring I installed an Allison Automotive header and muffler. I love the performance and the sound, but I'm not happy with the muffler finish. The finish has gone from bright shiny polished metal to an ugly brown color.:cry: If Annie was that ugly, I'd shave her rear end and train her to walk backwards.:lol:
Any suggestions on a fix as in a high temp coating/paint.

I've installed an Allison's polished ceramic header/exhaust on my X (geez, I still need a cool name for her) and have put ~350 miles on it this year.

I noticed the header has gone from shiny to flat silver. Exhaust is still shiny. Hope mine doesn't turn brown...

Good news is my system is tucked nicely behind the rear-valence and the muffler barely shows from below (BTW -- valence is painted w/VHT high-temp satin with reflective foil tape on interior and showing no signs of heat stress).

is it only the muffler ?

or did the header change color as well?
I'm on the verge of pulling the trigger on this system , polished coated - which muffler was it ? the Hushpower?
thanks

slip a cheap stainless/chrome tip over it and call it good. (if there's room, get it welded, just tacked on, when it turns ugly (a couple years) put another one on, I think they're like $5
MF35212_1000.jpg

Vinzinzo, The headers are bright.
Jeff, The muffler is very visible and the exhaust tip barely shows.

Back